Release: Elegance Admin Theme

u-nikos

Hey all,

I'm releasing a new admin theme called Elegance. I tried to keep the look and feel of ProcessWire, but with a modern clean and robust touch to it.

Special thanks to nikola, soma and adamspruijt, because I've used components from their themes that I liked (hope u guys are okay with it :)).

GitHub:

https://github.com/u...ganceAdminTheme

Direct download link:

https://github.com/u...hive/master.zip

282ov95.jpg

2expl47.jpg

2zqatcz.jpg

2mceteu.jpg

• Like 10

Tested out and is works great! Seems like a nice remix of some other themes and I like the color similarity to the default admin theme too. Everything seems to work very well and look good throughout.

The only comment I would have is a little initial confusion about the logout button, since it's right next to the search box. I also have a little bit of a preference to have the "site" button offset from the top navigation in some way. But those are just personal preference and nothing more. Overall a great theme!

• Like 1

I was wondering what Martijn was talking about when he said "it feels better". But after trying this theme I can only agree. There seems to be little js tweaks at least on page list, which makes this theme feel much faster than default. Overall very polished and great theme, also nicely done responsive. I might even consider switching (still big believer in default theme).

Glad to hear u guys like it! :)

I've also pushed some little changes to GitHub:

- Added auto-focus on login username and password fields.

- Tweaked the alignment of the login box elements.

- Changed TinyMCE skin to o2k7 silver variant.

- Moved search element a bit more away from the logout button.

- Made admin breadcrumb translatable.

- Changed h2 font-size to px because of em's on container elements.

- Added more space between PageList move text and cancel button.

• Like 1

Greetings,

Excellent theme! I have been trying out this one, as well as Marine, MetroWire, and Teflon. There is something I really like about each theme, so it's difficult to choose just one.

It's so impressive to see so many great theme contributions.

Personally, I still like the default theme. But for clients, these other themes could help out a lot.

Thanks,

Matthew

Hey u-nikos,

you have developed very nice theme! Great work!

Maybe it's just me, but I get a javascript error in Firebug, saying:

TypeError: $(...).tooltip is not a function

using: function(position, feedback) { (line 33 in main.js)

It causes to stop js execution, which leads to some tabs disappearing.

If I comment out line 18 in main.js, all is well:

// this.setupTooltips();

Hey Titanium, thanks for the bug report! Seems like the tooltip functionality is only available in the 2.3 branch, guess I didn't test well enough on 2.2.

Ive made the tooltip functionality conditional. Does this also fix your problem joshuag?

The tooltip() is something that's part of the most recent jQuery UI versions. We're using the latest jQuery/jQuery UI in 2.3. I don't think that there is a tooltip() in the version of jQuery UI used by PW 2.2.

Great mashup! I really like where you're going with this. It's nice to see people lending ideas from each other :)

I also have a little bit of a preference to have the "site" button offset from the top navigation in some way.

Yes, this improves usability. By differentiating the placement of the "site" button from the rest of the menu, you tell the user that this button's function is different from the rest (i.e not linking to another admin page).

Thnx for the comments and tips guys! I've pushed some new changes:

- Moved Site button from navigation to user actions.

- Moving search bar to the left on mobile devices.

- Changed PageList font-size to 12px for better readability.

- Fixed translation issues.

- Made PageListStatusHidden class a bit darker for better readability.

- Removed automatic Javascript resize of title.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This theme is officially now my favourite :)

I did change the colour scheme though - attached is the modified version (basically all pinks are blues, and the blue-greys are greys - it works quite well).

post-1-0-85651900-1358372147_thumb.png

The colours I've changed were done in DreamWeaver so all the styles that were neat one-liners have been thrown onto separate lines, so consider the attached a version that works fine but needs tidying up by me at some point.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention that this is prior to the changes on the 4th of Jan. I will update it soon, so consider this a version to look at if you're curious :)

Elegance Admin Theme - Blue v0.5.zip

• Like 2

• 10 months later...