[SOLVED] PageTitle Multilang works, but not quite as expected

dragan

I'm having a Case of the Mondays™ today...

I've been using PW now for some 7 years or so, and most sites were multilanguage setups.

Today I was trying to "upgrade" a PW site and add a 2nd language, and everything works as expected, except one strange thing:

The default pagetitle field (id 1) only shows up in the page editor with default input language field. If I switch from german (default) to english in the admin, I see the english titles just fine in the page tree. However, when I open a page (any page, any template), I only see the german field, without the UI folder icon, or tabs). The API correctly gives me the language values I'm expecting.

I thought maybe I wrote a hook a long time ago which causes this behavior, but I disabled my site/ready.php altogether, and things are still the same.

Does anyone have a clue where to look, and how to debug? The UI elements are not there when I inspect the field in the browser (i.e. they are not just hidden by CSS, they're not there). What module or config could possibly cause this? And it's ONLY the pagetitle field that is screwed, all other text- and textareafields work fine.

Update: 
I had a "pseudo multilang" field title_en, which caused havoc. Once I renamed (and finally deleted) this field, everything wente back to normal.

Edited by dragan
solved