PW 3.0.165 – Core updates

ryan

Relative to version 3.0.164, this latest version on the master and dev branch (3.0.165) contains 16 commits with various minor fixes, improvements and optimizations, and it resolves 6 reported issues. Version 3.0.164 has been very stable, and this version should be even more so. Both the dev branch and master branch are identical at this moment.  

As mentioned last week, new versions of both FormBuilder and ProCache are in development, and I’ve been working on both of them quite a bit this week. I mentioned some of the updates being made in FormBuilder last week. Another new feature to mention is the addition of reCAPTCHA to the spam prevention tools. While our built in honeypot is just as effective (when setup properly), it does its work silently, behind the scenes, never visible to anyone. Whereas reCAPTCHA is hard to miss, which is a benefit for clients that want to to be able to literally see spam prevention measures in place. No doubt, it brings a certain level of comfort, and adds another level of authority to your forms. So I’m really glad to add it to our set of form tools. Rather than building it into the form “actions” I’ve instead built it as an Inputfield module (InputfieldFormBuilderRecaptcha), as this gives you a little more flexibility with regard to placement and customization. It is ready for download now in the FormBuilder board Download thread (login required). It can be used with any version of FormBuilder 0.3.9 or newer; meaning it’s ready to use now. If you download it, be sure to read the pinned reCAPTCHA thread in there for detailed instructions (it's very easy to setup). 

I’ve been talking about it for a long time, but it seems like it may finally be a good time to re-do the modules.processwire.com site. It all works just fine, but just needs an update, consistent with the rest of processwire.com. So we’ll likely slow the pace of core updates for 2-3 weeks to work on that, sometime between now and the end of the year. Thanks for reading and have a great weekend! 

• Like 21

19 hours ago, ryan said:

I’ve been talking about it for a long time, but it seems like it may finally be a good time to re-do the modules.processwire.com site. It all works just fine, but just needs an update, consistent with the rest of processwire.com. So we’ll likely slow the pace of core updates for 2-3 weeks to work on that, sometime between now and the end of the year.

While you're at this, perhaps you could take a look at this as well: https://github.com/processwire/processwire-issues/issues/988. I haven't checked recently, but at least back then the modules directory wasn't updating the module version (note that this was unlikely to be caused by normal delay, as the version number hadn't updated in months). Thanks ?

Just in case I've been updating the version numbers for all my modules manually. It's not a huge deal, but would be better if the automation worked (though again, I haven't done any tests recently, so maybe this was already fixed.)

• Like 4

@teppo The directory should be updating version numbers from a getModuleInfo() method, but I think it may have issues when the version number is in an info.json file. This'll definitely get fixed in the update, likely before. Thanks. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2020 at 9:13 PM, ryan said:

I’ve been talking about it for a long time, but it seems like it may finally be a good time to re-do the modules.processwire.com site. It all works just fine, but just needs an update, consistent with the rest of processwire.com. So we’ll likely slow the pace of core updates for 2-3 weeks to work on that, sometime between now and the end of the year. Thanks for reading and have a great weekend! 

Great news! Currently I work on a rather complex module, that I would like to be able to support for a longer time. So Iam thinking to release it as a commercial module. As far as I know there is no place for community made commercial modules on the processwire website. While I really appreciate all the awesome open source modules that the community is making, sometimes a commercial module makes sense and is actually helping the developer to be able to put more resources into it. So I wonder if the new modules directory could also list commercial modules, to give developers more exposure and motivation to build complex modules. 

6 minutes ago, jploch said:

So I wonder if the new modules directory could also list commercial modules, to give developers more exposure and motivation to build complex modules. 

It's already possible to list commercial modules ? 

For example Padloper: https://modules.processwire.com/modules/pad-loper/

Or dynamic selects: https://modules.processwire.com/modules/process-dynamic-selects/

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, zoeck said:

It's already possible to list commercial modules ? 

For example Padloper: https://modules.processwire.com/modules/pad-loper/

Or dynamic selects: https://modules.processwire.com/modules/process-dynamic-selects/

good to know. Never mind than ?
Somehow I never saw "Premium Modules". Should have looked more carefully