Page Ref/Select field in Module Options?

Hi all,

Before I go potentially wasting time trying to achieve the impossible.

Can anyone confirm if its possible to have a Page Reference field on a modules config page?

I'm wanting to essentially just output a list of select able pages based on the a given selector (likely by template at this stage), wherein the select is the pages that the module should apply to etc. I was thinking a simple checkbox list would suffice is asmSelect isn't available.

Essentially have it display the same way a Page Reference field would display on a template, where you can easily select a bunch of them.

public function getInputfields() {

$inputfields = parent::getInputfields();

$f = $this->modules->get('InputfieldPage');
            $f->attr('name', 'testSelect');
            $f->setAttribute('multiple', 'checkboxes');
            $f->setAttribute('findPagesSelector', 'template=development');
            $f->label = 'Test';
            $inputfields->add($f);

return $inputfields;

}

Figured something akin to the above would work but can't seem to get rid of this warning on the modules config screen though.

image.thumb.png.13511ab5eae951c4d1b45df2b7373a1a.png

1 hour ago, cosmicsafari said:

Can anyone confirm if its possible to have a Page Reference field on a modules config page?

I haven't tried in a module's config but in a module and it works just fine.

Looking at your code (I could be wrong) I don't think you should be calling getInputfields(). That's for a page or field context. Something like below, maybe should work (untested):

$modules = $this->wire('modules');

$somethingAddPageItems = $modules->get('InputfieldPageAutocomplete');
$somethingAddPageItems->set('findPagesSelector', $pagesSelector);
$somethingAddPageItems->notes = $this->_('Start typing to search for pages');

// OR
// $somethingAddPageItems = $modules->get('InputfieldPageListSelectMultiple');
// $somethingAddPageItems->label = $this->_('Pages');
// OR
// $somethingAddPageItems = $modules->get('InputfieldAsmSelect');
// MORE CODE...
$form = $modules->get('InputfieldForm');
$form->add($somethingAddPageItems);

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Saleena Jhon
      Hello There, I have saw a post that was covering event-calendar with php, ajax and js. That was showing a monthly overview when I click on a "month" button or when I switch the month. And show the events on one particular date when I pick a day. Also, most events are kind of exhibitions and so they have a start date and an end date much later, and occur on each day in-between as well. So on the template I put two date picking fileds date_start and date_end. Is there an elegant way to select the events using the API? If yes, kindly help me out.
      Thanks in Advance
      Regards: 

• By opalepatrick
      I am working on my first Process Module. I am creating forms. Fairly straightforward. However, I really can't work out how to create multiple fieldsets?
      $fieldset = $this->modules->get('InputfieldFieldset'); $fieldset->label = 'Customer Source'; $field = $this->modules->get('InputfieldPage'); $field->inputfield = 'InputfieldSelect'; $field->findPagesSelector = 'parent_id=1449, include=hidden'; $field->labelFieldName = 'yff-lead'; $field->name = 'yfflead'; $field->columnWidth = 16; $fieldset->add($field); $field = $this->modules->get('InputfieldPage'); $field->inputfield = 'InputfieldSelect'; $field->findPagesSelector = 'parent_id=1452, include=hidden'; $field->labelFieldName = 'customer-type'; $field->name = 'customertype'; $field->columnWidth = 16; $fieldset->add($field); //Rinse and Repeat $fieldset->label = 'Contacts'; $field = $this->modules->get('InputfieldPage'); $field->inputfield = 'InputfieldSelect'; $field->findPagesSelector = 'parent_id=1538, include=hidden'; $field->labelFieldName = 'salutation'; $field->name = 'salutation'; $field->columnWidth = 16; $fieldset->add($field); I can create the first fieldset (Customer Source) but then get into trouble as the second fieldset overwrites the first. I understand why, but trying to use the open and close fieldset routine has flummoxed me. Any help appreciated.
    • By VeiJari
      Hello forum, we're trying to use Processwire as our REST-API. We are having problems with our API login to Processwire from frontend. It gives us 403 error.
      We have installed ProcessWire to subdirectory (/api/*) and our frontend is static JS files at root ( / ). Apache access logs gives 404 to our POST-request, but browser devtools shows 403 for our POST /api/login request. 
      Processwire backend panel works. We also have a GET endpoint for the API that returns 200 with correct payload.  So we're wondering why does our GET works but POST doesn't?
      Does this have something to do with Processwire .htaccess, or is this because of our webhost? What should we check first? Any help would be appreciated.
    • By rjgamer
      Hi,
      is there a hook after the current (active) page got created? Or which method got called in the Page class after the Constructor of the current page got initialized?
      Thanks.

• By killedfriendz
      I am very sorry for asking this but i totally do not understand how to set values of checbox using API. 
      I have checbox field on my page with name "order_status". 
      So i've tried few ways to make it checked but it still doesn't work:

$userPage->order_status->value = 1; $userPage->order_status->add(1); $userPage->order_status->add(true); Could you please tell me how to do it?