Change password complexity requirements

rookie

Hey,

I'm on Processwire 3.0.164 and playing with users and roles on my local box.

What sucks are the rules for password complexity. To be honest, I doubt the usefulness of rules on the complexity of passwords.
but that's another story.

How can i get rid of these password settings? Or just remove the digit requirements?

You can change the password requirements through the field settings of the password field, which is just a regular field. The field should be named pass. If I'm not mistaken, it's hidden by default, and is only displayed in the field list in advanced mode. Set $config->advanced = true to activate advanced mode, then you should see a couple of system templates and fields, including the pass field. Go to setup -> fields -> pass, there you can control the required characters as well as modify the complexity requirements.

8 hours ago, rookie said:

@kongondo

how did you this animated gif?

Sorry, figured it out myself...

@rookie, if you want to tag a forum member, the forum software can do it for you. Just type the @ symbol followed by the first letter of the member's user name and a drop down will appear offering suggestions. This way, the user also gets a forum notification that they've been tagged :-).