Module: ModulesQuickFilter

adamspruijt

The Modules page can get a little unruly, and though Soma's ModulesSectionCollapse helps to mitigate this I felt the need for more....

So I put together "Modules Quick Filter". Which has two main components. A "search as you type" field that filters by module name and a "refine by category" select box, which narrows the display of Modules by category.

(The functionality is accomplished with javascript, as is the layout itself, if there are some hooks I could've used to do this, someone let me know :D )

UPDATE 1.1 - Added Multilingual Support and some minor bug fixes/improvmtents
UPDATE 1.2 - Added configuration setting to choose whether or not field is collapsed by default.

DOWNLOAD

8296519326_7be92d8713_b.jpg

• Like 9

Thanks, tested out and it works great! Very useful for sure--I like it! A few comments:

Your init can hook "ProcessModule::execute" rather than "Process::execute". That would be a little more efficient.

Having all the markup generated in javascript rather than your PHP (.module) file means that the text isn't translatable. Not an issue for me, but might be for some people that are using other languages.

I'd suggest changing your <span class='notes'> to <p class='notes'>, just for consistency with the rest of PW. Looks good in your admin theme as-is, but in other admin themes the <span> runs up against the bottom border, whereas the <p> doesn't.

Thanks for making this great module!

• 3 weeks later...