Weekly update – 14 August 2020

ryan

All has gone smoothly with the new master branch version of ProcessWire (3.0.164), officially released last week. Next week we’ll also be releasing 3.0.165 on the master branch, which will fix a couple minor issues that have surfaced. Though we are talking very minor, so there’s no reason to wait on upgrading. The dev branch commit log covers changes since 3.0.164. There will be more commits next week and then we’ll be on version 3.0.165 on both dev and master branches. 

This week, in addition to some minor core updates, I’ve been working on updates for both ProCache and FormBuilder. The ProCache updates primarily focus on providing better API functions for finding what’s cached, adding more hooks, and providing better control over when and how cached versions of pages originating from URL segments are cleared from the cache. 

On the FormBuilder side, I’ve been focused on improving our submitted form entry listing tools for the admin side. Prior to the version in progress, it hasn’t been possible to perform custom searches on submitted form entries, the way that you might do in Lister/ListerPro for pages. Nor has it been possible to sort by anything other than created or modified date. That all changes in this new FormBuilder version. Now you can search within and sort on any field in the entries listings. You can search and filter by any number of fields at once. You can select what fields/columns display, and in what order. You can export (CSV) rows that match your search criteria. It’s basically like a mini ListerPro, but for forms submitted on your site. So far I’m finding it extremely useful in testing here, and I'm excited to release it in the FormBuilder support board. Below is a screenshot. I should have this version released in the FormBuilder board in 1-2 weeks, along with some other updates to it. 

Thanks for reading this quick update and have a great weekend!

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 3.37.32 PM.png

• Like 20

@HMCB Do you mean like the bookmarks feature in Lister? It doesn't have anything built in like that at present. However, the search queries are all query-string based (unlike Lister), so you can save the search queries on your own by copying the URL from the browser address bar, or using your browser bookmarks. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2020 at 4:23 AM, ryan said:

@HMCB Do you mean like the bookmarks feature in Lister? It doesn't have anything built in like that at present. However, the search queries are all query-string based (unlike Lister), so you can save the search queries on your own by copying the URL from the browser address bar, or using your browser bookmarks. 

I would like see the bookmark feature as well. Now that I am using LIsterPro I see the benefits of something like this. 

• Like 1