Lister Selector

A Process module that uses Lister/ListerPro, but with a selector string input instead of the normal InputfieldSelector filters.

Features

• For power users, typing a selector string is often faster and more intuitive than fiddling with InputfieldSelector. It also lets you copy/paste selector strings that you might be using somewhere else in your code.

• Allows the Lister rows to be sorted by multiple fields (not possible in Lister/ListerPro)

• Allows the use of OR-groups (not possible in Lister/ListerPro)

• If ListerPro is installed you can run ListerPro actions on the listed pages - the available actions are defined in the module config.

• Bookmarks can be configured in the module config and accessed via the flyout menu for the module page.

Usage

• Type your selector string on the Selector tab. The selector is applied when the "Selector string" field is blurred, so hit Tab when you have finished typing your selector.

• Unlike Lister/ListerPro, you can't sort results by clicking the column headings. Control the sort within the selector string instead.

• Superusers can jump to the module config (e.g. to create a bookmark) by clicking the cog icon at the top right of the module interface.

• The module is mostly intended for use by superusers, because in most cases site editors won't understand the ProcessWire selector string syntax. If you want another role to be able to access Lister Selector then give the role the "lister-selector" permission. Only superusers can define bookmarks because in ProcessWire module config screens are only accessible to superusers.

Screenshots

Process page

pls

Module config (when ListerPro is installed)

pls-config

Advanced

If for any reason you want to create dynamic bookmark links to Lister Selector for a given selector you can do that like this:

/** @var $pls ProcessListerSelector */
$pls = $modules->get('ProcessListerSelector');
$selector = "template=foo, title%=bar";
$pls_link = $pls->getProcessPage()->url . '?bm=' . $pls->urlSafeBase64Encode($selector);
echo "<a href='$pls_link'>My link</a>";

https://github.com/Toutouwai/ProcessListerSelector
https://modules.processwire.com/modules/process-lister-selector/

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

@Robin S Excellent module! Thanks.

I have just tried it, and I noticed that the pagination doesn't work. It still works with all other Lister Pro instances. Is this intentional (same as with not being able to sort by clicking on table headings) ? Clicking on any of the pag. numbers actually loads the AJAX file, i.e. I see

XHR finished loading: POST "https://mysite.com/admin/setup/lister-selector/page2".

Google Chrome, Win 10, latest PW version, no JS/console errors.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dragan said:

I have just tried it, and I noticed that the pagination doesn't work.

Thanks for alerting me to this. In v0.1.0, if you didn't supply a limit as part of the selector string then all the matching pages are listed, which strictly speaking is the correct result. But it seems that Lister doesn't expect this scenario and renders pagination numbers as if a limit of 25 was supplied. Clicking these numbers doesn't do anything though because actually all the pages are already listed.

But I think for most cases it's best to for Lister Selector to apply a default limit of 25 if none is supplied in the selector string - that way it's more in line with how Lister and Lister Pro behave. So I've changed to this in v0.1.1. And if you want a different limit you can supply it in the selector string (and you can use limit=0 if you want to see all results at once, but be aware that Lister will then render the incorrect pagination once again).

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ottogal
      Hello all,
      using PW 3.0.148 with the regular site profile for a blog, I got an an empty pagination output when I had a Toggle field in the selector.
      The Toggle Fieldtype was introduced with https://processwire.com/blog/posts/pw-3.0.139/ .
      The selector resulting in empty pagination:
      $posts = $pages->find("parent=blog, sort=-date, limit=10, toggle_field=0"); It worked well, when I replaced the Toggle field with a Checkbox field:
      $posts = $pages->find("parent=blog, sort=-date, limit=10, checkbox_field=0"); So the prerequisites for the pagination to work are given.
      The settings for the Toggle field were:
      Formatted value: Integer Label Type: Yes/No Input Type: Toggle buttons Default selected option: No Thanks for any hints!
    • By snck
      Hi there,
      I have a problem constructing a selector that finds all pages that refer to pages with a specific template.
      I have pages using an event template and I want to show events based on a specific context. In this example I want to filter the results and only show event pages that relate to a specific template (exhibitions) in their page field related_pages.
      What I tried:
      $events = $pages->find("template=event, related_pages.template.name=exhibition"); Unfortunately it does not work (0 results).
      Same with this:
      $events = $pages->find("template=event, related_pages=[template.name=exhibition]"); At the moment I am helping myself with the following lines, but I have a strong feeling that there is a more efficient solution:
      $events = $pages->find("template=event"); foreach($events as $event){ if(!count($event->related_pages->find("template=exhibition"))){ $events->remove($event); } }  
      I really hope that one of you can help me out.
      Thanks in advance!
      Flo
    • By MarkE
      I have been making use of the ProcessPageLister::addSessionBookmark() method to create drill-downs of financial data in a table - so that the user can see the pages comprising the amount in the table cell. This works really well and has been well-received by the client. However, I soon ran into a problem in that the method sets $maxBookmarks = 30;  hard-coded just like that. I changed the code to $maxBookmarks = 400; and haven't noticed any ill-effects so far, so some questions arise:
      Why is it hard-coded rather than modifiable? If the answer to (1) is because too many bookmarks cause a problem, what is the problem? If there is no particular problem with more than 30 bookmarks, is there any other practical limit? Clearly changing the code in my copy of PW is not a good idea as it will get over-written at the next update. Is there a way of dealing with this until (if ever) the variable can be modified through the API?
    • By Kiwi Chris
      The selector in the following code included in a template is returning nothing, however if I take out the compId.resultsdate<={$today} bit, it works fine, although obviously not filtered on the date field.
      $today = strtotime(date('Y-m-d')); $setImages = $pages->find("template=competitionImage, compId={$page->id}, compId.resultsdate<={$today}, compSubject.name=s, imageRating.title=Merit|Honours,check_access=0"); Here's the results of an example from Tracey Debugger
      templates_id=79, resultsdate<=1587729600, status<2048   SELECT pages.id,pages.parent_id,pages.templates_id FROM `pages` JOIN field_resultsdate AS field_resultsdate ON field_resultsdate.pages_id=pages.id AND (((field_resultsdate.data<='2020-04-25 00:00:00' ) )) WHERE (pages.templates_id=79) AND (pages.status<2048) GROUP BY pages.id Over in my ready.php I have inside a hook that refers directly to the page template that's used for the pages in the page field above:
      $today = strtotime(date('Y-m-d')) $event->return = $event->pages->find("template=competition,eventEnd>={$today},eventStart<={$today}"); In this case the filtering on date fields (albeit different ones) works fine. Can anyone suggest why the filter on the date subfield of the page field isn't working?
      Just to confirm, I do have a date value in the field, and it is a date before today. 🙂
      The problem may be something blatantly obvious, but I can't for the life of me figure out why the selector is returning no results when I include the date filter.
    • By Robin S
      Inputfield Selector Select ID
      Uses the Page List Select inputfield for user-friendly input of page IDs into Inputfield Selector.
      Overview
      This module adds a feature to Inputfield Selector, which is most commonly seen in Lister (Find) and Lister Pro.
      When adding a filter row for "Parent", "Has parent/ancestor" or "ID" the user is expected to enter a page ID to match against. But this is not as user-friendly as it could be because the user may be able to identify the desired page by its title or location in the tree but not know its ID. This is particularly the case for site editors who may not even understand the concept of a page ID.
      So this module adds a thunderbolt icon to relevant rows in Inputfield Selector. When the icon is clicked a Page List Select inputfield opens in a modal window, allowing the user to visually select a page from the tree. When the modal is closed with "OK" the ID of the selected page is inserted into the filter row.

Tip
      After a page selection has been made in the modal window the "OK" button will automatically receive focus so if you prefer you can close the modal by hitting the Enter key rather than mousing to the OK button.
      Installation
      Install the Inputfield Selector Select ID module.

https://github.com/Toutouwai/InputfieldSelectorSelectID
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/inputfield-selector-select-id/