[SOLVED] Cant publish page due to "errors" that are "unknown"

louisstephens

So I ran into a strange error this morning when trying to publish a page. I went to publish a new page under "clients", but I get an error that says "Cannot be published until errors are corrected". I thought perhaps I had missed a required field so I checked, but none of the fields are marked as required. I then checked to see if I could just add a basic page (default basic-page.php template) under the homepage, but I get the exact same error when trying to publish. When looking at the template, I don't see any error messages being displayed above any fields.

The odd thing I found though was if I got to "settings"  and uncheck "unpublished", I can then publish the page without errors. I did upgrade earlier today to the newest version to hopefully fix an issue I had yesterday (which it did). Has anyone run into this error before? 

**EDIT**

Well, after a lot of staring and pulling my hair out, I found the issues. I had installed multi-language support sometime ago (and due to the project changing, had to remove it). Apparently in my haste, I did not remove all the dependencies so it was still trying to check for the multi-language title (I am guessing) even though it actually wasnt on the page. I went through the database and removed it and can now save/publish pages without issues. 

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Update: in my case the issue was not language related.

This code snippet helped to identifying a broken display condition for a field in the template:

So it's worth looking in all directions. I wonder why PW does not show such issues more precisely by default.