A possible bug in the latest Development zip file of ProcessWire

JeevanisM

Hello,

I would like to report a tiny bug in the latest dev branch of PW. I downloaded the dev zip file from here : and tried to install. Everything went fine but hit the error message as in the screenshot. processwirecalhost.png.9db3fde4af2d620cb4ef5fc6df41426d.png

So its says there is an unexpected * in the site/config.php file. I checked the file and found that it supposed to be a comment actually but somehow, the position of  '/' is wrong to make the comment '/* ' .

processwire35.jpeg.6edb1823e45e64a003d761cd1bf43570.jpeg

Hence I manually edited the file and went to installation but the error repeated in different line once I passed the admin password setup page. So the PW installer is writing the site/config.php file with newly updated DBinfo. So I manually edited the site/config.php file before click the DB  configuration section, next time. It passed and installation finished. But I think this is somehow a bug ? I dont know, just notifying it here.

another thing I noticed that - the button says the version 3.0.162 but the downloaded zip installed admin shows ProcessWire 3.0.163 dev © 2020

verisonwire_com.png.8269015e7e2addd69097926cd4ec6b6d.png

• Like 4