Another instance of Page Edit

Pip

Hi everyone, 

Is there a way for us to replicate the "http://mydomain.com/processwire/page/edit/?id=xxx" and change the template to match my site template? 

I'm terribly happy with the admin / backend page edit. It covers literaly everything I want to empower my non super admin user in updating pages such as validation, repeater management, file upload. 

I wish not to allow the users to see the backend for both security and aesthetic reasons. 

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon. 

14 hours ago, Pip said:

I wish not to allow the users to see the backend for both security and aesthetic reasons. 

What security concerns do you have? How many users are we talking about?

Aesthetic reasons: You can totally individualize your admin! Looks like you are using uikit for your frontend, so that would be quite simple. I've built a custom admin theme that looks like this:

xJ7DQft.png

It's based on one main color that can be changed to whatever you want (as long as it contrasts to white). It's not public (yet?), but if you're interested you could pm me.

Hi @bernhard My users will be the general public. Meaning, they are not clients, nor probably tech savvy. So need the interface as friendly as possible and to direct their focus only to their listing. 

Actually am not using UI kit on the front. It was just a coincidence. LOL 

Well, then I think you have two options:

1. Build a custom user-area on the frontend (like a user-backend on the pw-frontend)
  2. Use the PW backend and customize it as much as possible

Both have pro's and con's depending on the exact situation.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By rjgamer
      Hi,
      is there a hook after the current (active) page got created? Or which method got called in the Page class after the Constructor of the current page got initialized?
      Thanks.

• By rjgamer
      Hi guys,
      the field "redirect_last" of type DateTime got not updated. The update on the field "redirect_counter" works and got saved.
      Does anybody know what I did wrong in my code?
      if ($input->urlSegment(1) === 'redirect') { $page->of(false); $page->redirect_last = time(); $page->redirect_counter += 1; if ($page->save('redirect_counter')) { $session->redirect($page->website_url, 302); } } Thanks.
    • By theoretic
      Hi there! And thanks for Processwire!
      I have an interesting task which i cannot fulfill as i want. Maybe someone could help me please?
      Let's imagine a simple page structure of this kind:
      Category 1
      + Item 1.1
      + Item 1.2
      Category 2
      + Item 2.1
      + Item 2.2
      My task is to attach some items to more than one category, at least to show some items on different frontend category pages. With PW, it's a piece of cake. I've just created a field called Items (of type Page Reference) and attrached it to Category template. Since i have lots of items inside each category i preferred to use Page Autocomplete input for my Items field. The pages available for autocomplete are restricted by a very simple selector:
      template=item
      It works like a charm. But later i decided to make this autocomplete even smarter and to exclude current category children items from it. I tried to update my selector this way...
      template=item,parent!=(page)
      ...and oops, this broke my selector. My autocomplete founds nothing. Sorry, i had to replace the square braces by () because of this forum limitations, i swear i'm using square brackets in real-life selector!
      What am i doing wrong? And is there any way to include current page info in autocomplete-related selectors? Thanks in advance!

• By franciccio-ITALIANO
      Hi everyone.
      I've created 12 templates that are the same but each with an extra bit of html code. 
      The piece of code is as follows:
      <div> <div class="box-pf"> <i class="fa fa-map-pin fa-2x fa-red faa-pulse animated"></i> <a href=""> <span class="uk-text-middle"><i>Sonchus oleraceus</i> 'Grespino degli Orti'</span></b> </a> </div> </div> On the third line we read "fa-red."
      I created 12 similar templates.
      The first template has only one box with fa-red, the last template has 12 boxes with icons of 12 different colors.
      So. is there any way to have only 1 template and add, if I want and when I want, a small or big, same or different piece of html code?

• By Kai
      REMOVED Free Processwire Template