Login problems

Tyssen

I have a client who is reporting that in the last couple of days they can no longer login to their site with their normal browser (Chrome). Using another browser or an incognito window works.

I've tried logging into the site using the same login details in my usual browser (Firefox) and have had no problems.

The site is a membership site and today other members are reporting the same problem.

The site is running 3.0.148 and has the session handler DB and login throttle modules installed. It was recently upgraded to 3.x from 2.x. But no changes have been made to the site between the time when they were able to login OK and when the problem started happening.

Have you looked in the errors and exceptions logs? They might give you a clue about what's happening.

And you've probably thought of this, but it might be worth turning the modules off to see what happens.

This thread might give you some other ideas, particularly if it turns out the issue is that the sessions time out:

Two things to note. The first is that, from memory (though I might be remembering wrongly), the issue was worse with Chrome. Second, as the last post in the thread says, I never worked out what the problem really was, but a new PW installation did the trick in the end.

I've been using Firefox and not had a problem. Others, who have been getting the problem, have been using Chrome and Safari. I'll have to check with them tomorrow to see whether it's still occurring and then attempt turning things off and on.