$find = $pages->find( "parent=$ancestor->children, template=subcategory" );
$assets = $pages->find( "tag=$find, sort=title" );
if ( count( $assets ) ) {
foreach ( $assets as $asset ) {
	echo "<div class='asset'><a href='{$asset->url}'>{$asset->title}</a></div>";
}
}

The page hierarchy looks like this:

- Browse (the page that this code resides on)
   -- Section 1 (the ancestor page with id of 1134)
       --- Category 1
           ---- Subcategory 1
           ---- Subcategory 2
       --- Category 2
           ---- Subcategory 3
           ---- Subcategory 4
   -- Section 2
       --- Category 3
           ---- Subcategory 5
           ---- Subcategory 6
       --- Category 4
           ---- Subcategory 7
           ---- Subcategory 8
- Assets
   -- Asset 1 (tag = id of Subcategory 1)
   -- Asset 2 (tag = id of Subcategory 2)
   -- Asset 3 (tag = id of Subcategory 3)
   -- Asset 4 (tag = id of Subcategory 4)

I want to display all of the assets where tag = id of Subcategory 1, Subcategory 2, Subcategory 3, and Subcategory 4. In other words, I want to display all assets that are "included" in Section 1.

I'm not sure I got your question right, but that doesn't seem very unefficient to me. The first two lines could be replaced by this though:

$find = $pages->find("has_parent=1134, template=subcategory");

So no need to get the ancestor first but go straight to find any page it's parent or grandparent of.

Maybe this was what you were after?

• Like 3

I feel like for the first two lines this is at least a little more logical/readable

$ancestor = $page->children->first();
$find = $ancestor->find("template=subcategory");

From there I'm a bit confused as to the exact goal so I would just be guessing.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By louisstephens
      So I reread my first draft, and it made absolutely no sense (I deleted it to hopefully better explain myself).  I am trying to make a system (that to me is a bit complicated) utilizing jquery and processwire together. My whole goal is to put a url like https://domain.com/launch?first_name=jim&occupation=builder in a script tag on another site(just a localhost .php page) to then pull out the data for that person and append to divs etc. Basically, the initial script tag would point to "launch" which has a content-type of "application/javascript". Using jquery, I would pull out the persons name and occupation and then make a specific ajax get request to "domain.com/api" (in json format) for a look up of the person. Essentially then I could pull that particular person's information from the json data, and do with it how I please in the "launch" page.  In processwire, I have a page structure like:
      People -Jim Bob (template: person ) --Occupations (template: basic-page) ---Builder (template: occupation) ---Greeter (template: occupation) It is really just a bunch of people with their occupations and a few fields to the occupation template. With the "api" (template: api) url, I was hoping to return all the data (of people) in json format like:
      Example Format:
      { "id": 1, "title": "Jim Bob", "occupations": { "builder": { "id": 44, "title": "Builder", "years_worked": 1, "etc": "ect", }, "Greeter": { "id": 44, "title": "Greeter", "years_worked": 1, "etc": "ect", }, } } Where I get lost is really outputting the page names and nesting in the occupations into json. I have used Pages2JSON before, but I was a bit lost on how to implement what i was thinking.

I have access to all the local host files, but I was hoping to kind of build out a "system" where I could place the script tag/parameters in any project, and be able to interact with the data without doing an ajax call on the actual site. In a way, this would keep processwire handling all the data and requests, and my other "projects" just with a simple script tag. This might all be way too much/over complicated, but I couldn't quite wrap my head around how to achieve it. 
    • By creativejay
      Apologies if this has been covered. I tried a search but didn't hit the usecase I'm after.
      I currently have category pages listing their children products. Someone asked me to put a product in multiple categories, so I created a Page Reference field called prod_othercategories which lets a user pick multiple product category pages.
      When I try to output a list of products for a category page, I came around to the following selector:
      $pages->find("prod_othercategories|parent=$page, template=prod_series, sort=title, prod_status_pages!=1554|1559|1560|4242"); Only the first selector item is giving me trouble, but I'm including the entire string in case something is conflicting and I'm not realizing it.
      The output is currently only outputting matches for "parent" and ignoring prod_othercategories. I tried listing parent first in the selector but it had no effect.
      Appreciate if someone could help me with this! Thanks!
    • By Noel Boss
      EDIT:
      What I'm actually really looking for is a way to edit and add children of a page in a similar way as RepeaterMatrix fields:
      Easy to add new ones and easy to move, hide and modify inline:

––––
      I have a problem and am so close to a solution, but everything i've found so far only gets me about 95% and before I create something on my own want to ask is anyone knows a soltion or if I miss something.
      My simple requirement: Editing Children and creating new ones inside the current parent page context – eighter inline or in a Lightbox.

Not working Option A:
      With page relation fields I can create new pages – but it requires me to select a fixed parent. If I don't provide a parent, no new link is present.

Not working Option B:
      With the awesome AdminPageFieldEditLinks Module I can create new Pages directly without the need to provide a parant beforehand – but then I need to select it at runtime.

There is a new link now – the link is: parent_id=0&amp;template_id=51&amp;modal=1 … if it only provided the correct parent_id!!!

But now i have to select the parent:

Not working Option C :
      That's what I do right now… Reordering the Child-Field to the first tab – but to maintain the context, I would need the edit and new button to open a lightbox instead of a page reload.

Possible solutions:
      For A+B: If I could provide a selector as parent, this would solve my issue: "parent=page.id" or a checkbox "use parent page for new pages". Or I could use some hook?
      For C : I could write my own javascript to open the links in a Lightbox.