FormBuilder questions/file uploads

DrQuincy

I am doing a PW that has a form where users can submit a PDF or Word doc. I am interested in trying FormBuilder and can see that it supports files. What I would like to know is:

1. For file inputs does it have a drag-and-drop file upload progress bar support (like Dropzone.js)? I.e. so if a large file is part of the form there is a progress bar for better UX. I know I could use
    $.ajax({xhr: function() { window.XMLHttpRequest().upload.addEventListener('progress', (evt) => {})…

but wondered if it had all this built in. For larger files I just want some feedback to the user that it has not frozen.

2. Does it handle file validation in the front and back end (using finfo)?

3. Do you have full control over the HTML and CSS used in the forms?

As an aside, is it possible to demo FormBuilder, ProFields, etc on a test site before buying?

@DrQuincy You can see how Form Builder handle file inputs here >> https://processwire.com/sites/submit/.

To answer some of your questions:

1. Nope. No drag and drop, or upload progress bar as of yet.
  2. On the backend I think its just the same as processwire file validation. I don't know about the frontend tho.
  3. Yes, there are 3 or 4 output options. You can use built-in styling, or use your custom css/html.

Sadly, no demos, but you always have satisfaction guaranteed or your money back.

Thanks @johndoe. That's useful to know.

I seem to be doing more PW sites these days so it will be worth getting the form and fields plugins.

I think its just the same as processwire file validation

Just checking, did you mean $files? It' not a big deal either way as you can just use finfo_file() in the backend. Front-end you can just check the file extension in case of user error.

Let's say you want to add Dropzone JS file uploads that upload immediately after they are added is it easy enough with FormBuilder to write custom front-end jQuery validation so that the form can't be uploaded until there is at least one file uploaded, all files have finished uploading, etc?

Thanks.