Batch activate pages for Multi-lingual support

michelangelo

Hello guys,
I have made a small website that has a few thousand pages with several fields. It all works fine, but when I change my language they don't show up... I found out in the depths of the forum that they need to be activated. Is there any way to do it as a batch process instead of doing in by hand?

Just to clarify, what I need to change is in the Settings of each page, not a field in my template. This 'Active?' button needs to be ticked on every page.

2108474382_Screenshot2020-06-23at14_36_35.thumb.png.606bcd6d35424540a2f30fc32d872289.png

I thought maybe Lister might do the trick, but I can't seem to find a way to affect this Name field.

Thank you!

p.s I am using ImportCSV module to load them up, which works great but I don't think it can apply this setting for me.

Yes, the "Active" checkbox under the settings tab controls whether the page is viewable in that language. When you create a page through the CMS, it is active in all languages by default. But if you create a page through the API, it is inactive in all non-default languages by default (I've stumbled upon this as well a couple of times, not sure what the resoning behind that is).

You can set the active status through the API, the property is "status{$id}", where {$id} is the ID of the language you want to activate the page in. For example, this code will iterative over a set of pages and activate them in all languages:

$importedPages = wire('pages')->find('template=imported-page'); // adjust the selector as needed
foreach ($importedPages as $p) {
	foreach (wire('languages') as $lang) {
		if ($lang->isDefault()) continue;
		$p->of(false);
		$p->set("status{$lang->id}", 1);
		$p->save();
	}
}

You can put this somewhere in a template file and reload the page once, or execute it through the Console provided by Tracy Debugger.

Of course, if you are importing manually or can use a hook to modify the behaviour of your import module, you can also set this property at the time of importing.

• Like 4