Session timeout message

MarkE

One 'gotcha' that gets me more than I'd like is that if a session has expired, PW gives you no warning. Scenario - you are editing a page and go away to do something else for a bit (you saved it first of course ? ). Then you come back to the page and do some more edits and save - whoa! your edits are irretrievably lost because the session had timed out without telling you. I try and get into the habit of refreshing before I start work again, but don't always remember ? . 

Alerting the user when their session expires is one of the features of pro UserActivity module.

Another issue that editors sometimes experience is that they may unknowingly be working in the admin when their session is actually not logged in. This can be due to a window that was opened hours or days before and returned to. Or it can be a result of a session getting lost for some security issue, or perhaps the user intentionally logged out in another window. UserActivity has a solution for this—it identifies when a user’s session is no longer active and alerts them to the situation:

ua-loggedout.1100x0-is.png

• Like 3