FieldtypeEditorJs : Preview of a productivity fiedltype for editors.

@encho you pointed to something I hadn't thought of before reading your comment. I then tried all the afternoon to work on that - I have to brainstorm more about that, but I think we could have something which works.

In this sample, you can see a heading and a paragraph written in a CKEditor field. You can then change the fieldtype to EditorJS and get you saved data. As you can see - and as you stipulated as well in your last comment - the strong tag isn't taken into account. Anyway, I am quite confident to get a parser working here. 

I still take into account that I am not aware of how/which DOM are inserted on every CKEditor for a given user. I was thinking to alert the user if his content couldn't be parsed entirely, or something like that, and so, a manual intervention will be needed in this case.

And this is how look the paragraph with inner DOM elements, should be "easy" to insert them :

1392450678_Capturedecran2020-06-19a09_41_20.thumb.png.3aafb406e31810316a94ffc479e3ed65.png

OQ6pwN3

Edited by flydev ??
screencast updated
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
5 hours ago, dotnetic said:

Hey @flydev ??. Now that half a year has passed, any news ? A release date? Will this fieldtype be free or paid? 

I was just about to ask for a release date, too :-) Seems I'm not the only one who is keen on getting their hands on this. As I understand it, this will be released as a paid module which is only fair. @flydev ?? mentioned that he wants to get the promoting website up and running before selling the module. Just in case that this is slowing things down, I would even be happy to pay for a pre-release version.

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Yes I know that half a year passed; I have a colleague too which put pression on me to finish it. To be honest I got at least two months without possibilities to get my hand on it and thus to finish it as I am overwhelmed by a project for the works which take all my time.

The project is far from being abandoned ! 

As I said early I would want to give you a professional module, and in the same time, I would like to avoid to be submerged by issue due to a release which should have been released later, I mean in a stable and tested one.

What is missing :

- multi language support (I personally need it asap)

- front-end editing (I decided to put this feature in standing mode and will be released in a future version)

What is missing which make the module "un-releasable" right now ?

- I need to handle existing content - and this last one need to be brainstormed hard.

There is so much case to be taken into account - as every setup can be different. I think that a module to import/convert existing content, which could work like Ryan's import/export page feature need to be shipped with EditorJS.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, flydev ?? said:

What is missing which make the module "un-releasable" right now ?

- I need to handle existing content - and this last one need to be brainstormed hard.

What is about starting at early state without that feature? Just with the possibility or limitation to use it for new (empty) projects?

Who has said this: "Release early and often"? Don't remember. And yes, I know, there are not only pros with this strategy. ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...