Adding Gtag Google Analytics

nwashburn

Hi,

I had someone create my website and they used processwire but I haven't had much luck knowing people that know this product and I have taken over editing since we never updated while I had the creator manage it.  I was contacted by my rep at google and said I was running the wrong analytic code.  So we got on a conference call but they do not know where to enter it.  So I have been searching all day trying to figure this out but every picture I find online doesn't look like what I have.  Can someone please help me?  TIA

Pages • ProcessWire • faclr.com.pdf

There does not appear to be a site settings type of page based on the pdf image you supplied. However, the gtag is in the footer of your site. Have you looked in the /site/templates folder for a footer.php file to see if it is hard-coded?

edit: The <body> tag is in the wrong position also.

edit 2: Welcome to the forum, @nwashburn!

So when you go to Setup > Templates and click on Home, what fields are listed?

You may also want to set debug = true in your /site/config.php to display additional information while you get things sorted. You can set it back to false once it is working.

Okay, it appears that the gtag information is hard coded into the footer. You can copy the valid gtag data from google and replace the wrong data. Once that is done, you can re-verify through google.

If that doesn't work, then let me know and we'll go the PM route.

In your /site/config.php file do you have an entry that looks like this:

$config->appendTemplateFile = "someFileName.php";

If so, then you can edit that file (in /site/templates) to replace the gtag entry. You may also want to check the /site/templates/home.php toward the bottom of the file.

If not, then PM me and we'll go from there.