Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
"Permission “page-sort” for template “ ... ” not allowed (requires “page-edit” permission)"
– This lovely error message is thrown at me, if, as implied by it, I try to add (to my "editor" role) the permission "page-sort" for a specific template, without the permission "page-edit" enabled for the same template.
Seems like it's been mentioned a few times before but never properly answered, by e.g. @Robin S ... :
"Allow the granting of page-sort permission independent of page-edit": https://github.com/processwire/processwire-requests/issues/29
Why do I wanna do this?:
I have a page tree structure 🌳 as so:
– Page a [C1_p] – Page b [C1_p] Different category [C2]
– Page c [C2_p] – Page d [C2_p] ________________________
The page "Category" has the page-template "C1",
the pages "Page a" and "Page b" both have the page-template "C1_p".
The page "Different category" has the page-template "C2"
the pages "Page c" and "Page d" both have the page-template "C2_p".
The two pages called "Category" and "Different category" do not have any content, they only serve as containers for pages belonging to that category.
I want my "editor" role not to be able to do anything at all with these pages "Category" and "Different category"; i.e. I do not want my editor to be able to edit, move, unpublish, hide, lock, delete (or do anything else to) these category pages.
– So, I want my "editor" role to have the "page-edit" permission for pages with the templates "C1_p" and "C2_p", but not for the pages with the category templates "C1" and "C2",
Also, I want my "editor" role to be able to move the pages with the templates "C1_p" and "C2_p" within their parent-pages.
But if I just simply add the "page-edit" and the "page-move" permissions for the "C1_p" and "C2_p" templates, then, using the "editor" role, I am not able to move these "C1_p" (and "C2_p") -template-based pages. I can actually click "MOVE" next to them and then move them, but... then I will be met by the error message "You do not have permission to sort pages using this parent - /Category/".
– So, I try to add the "page-sort" (description: "permission to sort child pages") permission to the "C1" and "C2" templates... but then trying to do so I am met by the initially mentioned error message ! Permission “page-sort” for template “C1” not allowed (requires “page-edit” permission) .
And, as mentioned, I do not want my editor role users to be able to edit these category ("C1" and "C2") pages...
– what to do about this? 😅
All the best,
Hi! I am new to processwire and really like working with it so far.
For a relaunch project, some editors of our website need the permission to add redirect URLs while migrating the content. I already created a role "site-manager" so only a few team members have access to certain features.
There is also the option to add redirect URLs in the page settings, but it seems to be restricted only to superusers. Does anyone know of a way to grant permission for this option to another user role?
Since this is the first PW-Project I did not dive in too deep with the permissions yet. I also tried to add a "page-edit-redirect"-permission, but I am somehow stuck on what to do with it.
[Solved] Allow non superuser to create new pages in field of type Page Reference and input field type Page Auto CompleteBy dimitrios
I have created a field of type Page Reference and input field type Page Auto Complete, so that users of role 'writer' can add new tags to their articles. However, only a superuser can add new tags through the field, even though 'writer' roles have the permission to create pages of template 'tag', and the permission to add children in the parent template. New tags in the Page Tree can be added normally. Is there something I am missing?
By AAD Web Team
I've put in a support request (as a followup on an existing one) for this but it's nearly 10pm Ryan's time, so I thought I'd ask on here just in case someone can help...
Yesterday we purchased ProDrafts, but I couldn't get the key to validate. Every time I hit submit on the module settings screen the key would be removed from the field I entered it in, and then it would complain about the missing value. I put in a support request and Ryan responded last night. It turned out it was because we're behind a proxy/firewall. He gave me a fix to get around that issue - some code to go into admin.php. I put that code in and saved admin.php, but now I can't even get into our admin anymore!
(Just to clarify, I took the code back out and saved admin.php but that made no difference. It's definitely not the new code causing the error.)
The errors relate to a lack of permission on the ProDrafts module (see attached screenshot). We do have a key, but evidently the code Ryan gave me to add the key in via admin.php isn't taking effect before the error is thrown...?
I tried removing the ProDrafts directory from the modules directory, but that hasn't helped.
Is there a hook I can put in somewhere to tell it not to load ProDrafts at all, or not check the permissions? Or is there some way to manually uninstall it from the file system?
Hi PW Community,
I have a problem where a page is loading up fine on my local dev machine + 1 of the test sites, but not on another test site.
They have identical PW (2.8.35?) and codebase installed.
The 2 sites are hosted on the same hosting provider, as well as our other sites.
1) Error Logs. There is nothing particularly strange logged on the PW Error log for all the sites. I am getting a "You must assign a template to the page before setting custom field values (title__data) [pageClass=Page, template=] (WireLog)" error, but I'm getting this error on working pages as well.
However, there are some errors in our Hosting Provider's log. The error seems to point at some sort of permissioning issue regarding reading the image files?
1.a) File / Dir permissions of Images - I've checked file permissions on the normal and problematic sites. They are all identical
2) .htaccess - I've tried running the .htaccess file from the working site on the problematic site - No Luck
3) codebase - I've done 3 comparisons. They are identical on all sites.
4) wire directory - See above
5) Behaviour - So the problematic site loads up most of its page as expected without problems. It's just a couple that it has issues with.
Problematic URL Example : http://kinder-reime.com/kindergedichte/kategorien/gedichte-fuer-kindergarten-und-schule/
Working URL : http://finger-spiele.com/kindergedichte/kategorien/gedichte-fuer-kindergarten-und-schule/
I've also attached the KIS Error Logs.
Has anyone come across behaviour like this before and what would be the way forward to fix this?