Custom Admin Views

joshuag

Hi awesome Processwire folks,

I want to make custom processwire admin views. For example, let's say I wanted to create a top level section in the PW admin for managing videos. And I want to use a data grid (just for examples sake... I would probably design a good layout for this - something effective and easy to use)... I know how to add pages to the admin interface by adding them in the page tree, pretty straight forward.

The problem is, I am really having a hard time understanding the admin.php template and how the ajax call, methods work. To be honest, I have made a few attempts to modify the behaviors etc in this file with little success. I don't quite understand how processes work at all in PW. I read the classes and it can be over my head in some cases.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how I can get my head around this and how I can really start taking advantage of PW to build out some more complex PW admin functionality... any suggestions at all.

Thanks in advance,

Time to start my DeLorean and steal few modules from Soma again :rolleyes:

I drove a DeLorean once - it was like trying to navigate an aerodynamic bucket.

And yes, Soma does seem to work on an "I will read your mind first and then I will tell you what you are going to think" sort of principle.

He should be writing on the wiki .... (hint)

• Like 3

I actually saw a DeLorean up close for the first time last week, in Orlando, FL. Drove out of a parking spot right next to me. Was surprised at how good looking the car actually is, and a lot lower to the ground, and not nearly as dated looking as I would have expected.