Use Process Wire CMS on one page not entire website?

shogun

I love processwire. I was just wondering if a site is built in a certain way and we don't want the whole site to be driven by the processwire cms, can we use the ProcessWire cms for just a specific page on the website without creating templates or using the database for any other page? I know I can do this with Wordpress. Was just wondering if it was possible with Processwire and how that would work?

Hello, 

Did not tried this. But i thing a scenario as following will work. 

Install PW under a subpage. Like www.domain.com/pw

Create your site as usual. In a php file where you want to use pw include the index of pw like;

include("pw/index.php");

This should be enough. (not sure if the namespace needed anycase) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shogun said:

Hmm interesting. So you're thinking just install processwire in its own subdirectory?

This should work fine! After the include, API variables like $pages should be available, letting your grab whatever content you are managing with PW.

2 hours ago, shogun said:

I know I can do this with Wordpress.

How does wordpress do this?

You could also do a regular PW installation and add a folder "static" in the root directory. Then you could serve all files that are in this directory via custom htaccess rules (not an expert here ? ).

eg /static/foo.html would be served when example.com/foo is requested and /static/bar.html instead of example.com/bar

We could possibly be talking about different things here, but I don't see a difference between WordPress and ProcessWire in this regard: both can be installed into a subdirectory. There are a number of topics here regarding subdirectory installs ?

If you're looking into something more specific or custom, some sort of .htaccess trick (or including ProcessWire's index.php, essentially bootstrapping ProcessWire within plain PHP script) might be the way to go — but again, if we're just talking about running a ProcessWire site from a subdirectory, that shouldn't be necessary at all.

• Like 1

There is not only the possibility to use ProcessWire in a subdirectory and for one page only.
You can also use ProcessWire content in other pages, that are not being served by ProcessWire.

This process is called bootstrapping and others here already wrote about this.
You can find more information in "Including and bootstrapping ProcessWire"

• Like 1