Inventory / Order System

hellerdruck

Hi All

I have the following task to solve and don't know if this is doable with Processwire:

Parties: Admin, Customers (with individual Logins)

Customer opens the Website and has to log in. Then he/she will be directed to their list (Table) of their products we have on stock for them showing the current quantity. On each line there should be an empty "order" input field, where they can enter the amount of goods they need. When they click on "order" an email will be sent to the administrator and the available amount of this product should be updated in the backend (!).

Any suggestions?

Thanks and best,

Roli

Hi Roli, welcome to the forum!

18 minutes ago, hellerdruck said:

I have the following task to solve and don't know if this is doable with Processwire:

Sure! You have everything you need: Access Control, Forms, Storage (Pages), Selectors (for finding Pages) and finally ProcessModules for creating custom backend "views" for your users:

Though I have to admit that it can be a little frightening to work with the PW backend at first. You need to dig into the code and get an idea of how PW works... What is an Inputfield? What is a Fieldtype? What is a Page? What is a HookEvent? etc...

It depends a lot on your skills...

Hello @hellerdruck (Roli) and welcome to the forum.

This sounds like a standard distributorship application, which ProcessWire is more than able to handle. As bernhard said, it will depend upon your skills, whether you want to approach your task from a 'front-end' or from the admin interface.

Jump in with any specific questions, and a whole bunch of knowledgeable PW developers will be glad to assist you.

Thank you @bernhard and @rick

I was thinking front-end, actually. What i have so far is a table with the products and an input field for the order amount and an order button. When clicked, the order button adds the article to a cart and adds the details to a formbuilder field. So I would receive an email saying "brochures, 10 Ex.". So far so good. But how could I write something back to the backend? Is that something that needs to be done by hooks?

25 minutes ago, hellerdruck said:

I was thinking front-end, actually.

Sorry, then I need to change my answer ? 

2 hours ago, bernhard said:

Sure! You have everything you need: Access Control, Forms, Storage (Pages), Selectors (for finding Pages) and finally ProcessModules for creating custom backend "views" for your users:

You have:

• Storage (via API)
  • Selectors

You need to reinvent:

• Access Control
  • Forms (showing errors, restoring values, things like showIf, hide fields, lock fields, etc)
  • Sanitization (Fields are sanitized automatically on the backend based on their type)
  • File Uploads
  • etc etc...

Basically everything the PW backend provides ? 

But it's definitely doable on the frontend as well ? 

16 hours ago, Pixrael said:

In your Formbuilder check the tab Actions for the form, there are an option to save the data to a page

Oh wow, this is really cool. Didn't know you could do that.

Thank you all, I'll try a few things and come back for more questions later..