COnfig - ignore HTTPS on localhost

Peter Knight

Hi all

My .htaccess file is correctly redirecting all requests to

1. https://
  2. www.

That's great until I want to work locally.

I thought I had seen a blog post by Ryan where there was a new config setting to ignore both of these if working from localhost?

I can't find it now so wondering if I was imagining 😕

• 9 months later...
On 5/7/2020 at 3:37 PM, Jan Romero said:

If I'm reading this right, the config setting ...

// ignore HTTPS for these hostnames:
$config->noHTTPS = [
  'test.domain.com',
  'localhost:8888',
]; 

only over rides any HTTPS settings set in the template settings. 
If you have HTTPS set in the .htaccess, it's a different issue.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By wwwouter
      Some context: I want to use PHP variables in my CSS (more info below) and found a solution on CSS-tricks that looks fairly elegant and somewhat solid to me. It's pretty simple, I created a file style.css.php inside the site/templates/ directory and load that in my page head. In style.css.php is the following:
      <?php header("Content-type: text/css; charset: UTF-8"); header("Charset:utf-8"); if ($homepage->hero_image) { echo <<<CSS .hero { background: url($homepage->hero_image->url) no-repeat; } CSS; } ?> Because of the following RewriteCond (line 373) in the htaccess file the server sends a 403 error back when the file is requested:
      # Block access to any PHP or markup files in /site/templates/ or /site-*/templates/ RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (^|/)(site|site-[^/]+)/templates($|/|/.*\.(php|html?|tpl|inc))($|/) [NC,OR] (My htaccess file is @version 3.0 and @htaccessVersion 301)
      This is how I thought I could fix that (based on these answers on stack overflow) but it does not work:
      # Block access to any PHP or markup files in /site/templates/ or /site-*/templates/ RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (^|/)(site|site-[^/]+)/templates($|/|/((?!style\.css).)*\.(php|html?|tpl|inc))($|/) [NC,OR] I tested the rule with htacess tester and htaccess check and both worked for me, but on my site I still get a 403 instead of the file.
      I'm working on localhost, using MAMP (not sure if that's relevant).
      A bit more about what I want to do achieve specifically:
      I want to use an image as a background-image for an element, not place it as an image. This image is provided by the user via a field and can therefore change.
      I know I can achieve this like this:
      echo "<section class='hero' style='background-image: url($page->hero_image->url)'></section>"; But I would prefer a method other than inlining because of scalability and cleanliness. (I admit the extra link in the page head is not ideal either)

P.s. this is my first post here, I hope it's submitted in the right forum and my explanation is clear.
    • By Robin S
      If your module has a lot of config fields you might want to divide them into groups inside a tabbed interface. Here is a demonstration module showing how this can be done.
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/ModuleConfigTabs

Thanks to @kixe for providing my starting point in this forum topic.
    • By RDC
      Is the right way to get Processwire to skip a folder (ie not process it as its running a different CMS) to put
      RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/shop/.*$
      just before 
      RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?it=$1 [L,QSA]
      in .htaccess?
    • By humanafterall
      Hi,
      I would like to set an admin template to 'https only' as recommended in the Processwire security docs.
      However if I do this it forces this setting locally too, resulting in https://localhost requests which result in an error page.
      Is there a simple way round this? Setting https for templates in the config?
      Thanks!
    • By Spiria
      I am writing here instead of the ProCache forum because I have the impression that several nginx experts could solve this. In its new version, Procache proposes new .htaccess rules that are difficult to translate into nginx rules. We currently have a problem with the trailing slash of URLs which gives us a bad score in SEO analysis tools such as semrush.com. 
      Indeed, a canonical URL is either without or with "/", but cannot be served by both options. Although ProcessWire without ProCache respects this rule, ProCache has no difficulty serving both, which is considered an SEO optimisation fault. I believe that ProCache version 2 solves this problem with these new rules, but I can't understand the following. Does anyone have any idea how to translate this into a nginx rule?
      Attached also the whole proposed .htaccess for ProcessWire.
      # PROCACHE v2/31885be14d6cfb4b2b0d3e533260bded -------------------------------------------------- RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} !=POST RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !.*=.* RewriteRule ^.*/$ - [E=pwpcstep:pour,E=pwpcname:index] RewriteCond %{ENV:pwpcstep} "=pour" RewriteCond %{HTTP_COOKIE} !^.*(wire_challenge|wires_challenge).*$ RewriteRule ^.*/$ - [E=pwpcstep:stir,E=pwpcpath:%{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/site/assets/ProCache-00478359c5e65dbada1075bfbd4] RewriteCond %{ENV:pwpcstep} "=stir" RewriteCond %{ENV:pwpcpath}/$0/%{ENV:pwpcname}.html -f RewriteRule ^.*$ - [E=pwpcstep:drink,E=pwpcfile:$0/%{ENV:pwpcname}.html] RewriteCond %{ENV:pwpcstep} "=drink" RewriteRule ^(.*) %{ENV:pwpcpath}/%{ENV:pwpcfile} [L] <ifModule mod_headers.c> Header set X-PWPC "ProCache" env=pwpcstep Header set X-Powered-By "ProcessWire CMS, ProCache" env=pwpcstep </ifModule> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} "^/~?[-_.a-zA-Z0-9/]*$" # /PROCACHE -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
      .htaccess-procache