Is Padloper 2 an option?

DrQuincy

I've used a lot of CMSs, frameworks and libraries over the years and have never really been blown away by any eCommerce platform. Padloper looks good though and I have a fairly simple online shop coming up. I am wondering whether to just code the cart and payment gateway parts myself on top of a PW install — or use Padloper 2. Given it is not supported would you still recommend its use? Are there a lot of people here using it in production and therefore you can get support here? It's a shame v3 is not ready yet.

Are there any pure code cart and payment libraries or frameworks that can be easily plugged into PW via composer?

Thanks!

I have a new project; an ecommerce site. 

Have read nearly all messages about Padloper. 

There is no roadmap, no estimated time, no plan, no information. 

So how can i trust such a project and how can i be  confident that a possible problem will be fixed when it occurs?

So Conclusion;

I will start to create the shop myself.

Hi both!

Yes, I have seen that thread! I think V3 is out of the question for now but was interested in what the state of V2 was. If it's not supported or widely used I might be best rolling my own if there is no suitable library either. I looked at Sylius and it seems like you can decouple what you want but is probably overkill for what I want.

So how can i trust such a project and how can i be  confident that a possible problem will be fixed when it occurs

These are my concerns too. V2 is unspported and V3, even once ready, seems to be managed by one person. I am more than happy to pay but am a bit uneasy about putting all the eggs in the basket of a single developer.

I'm thinking that I can just use a repeater for product options and the ID or a SKU field for mapping it to the basket.

Is there anyone out there who is using Padloper V2 who can allay any of these concerns?

I think PW is the best kept secret in the world of PHP CMSs (as in it hould be way more popular than it is) and initially thought it a shame there was no eCommerce capability. But it does bring me back to the point in my original post that it is difficult to create an eCommerce platform since requirements can be very specific so maybe it's as it should be. Having said that, on paper, Padloper does look very good from what I've seen.

19 minutes ago, huseyin said:

So how can i trust such a project and how can i be  confident that a possible problem will be fixed when it occurs?

There isn't, because they are a one person, who is busy working hard on Padloper at the moment to make sure it's a great solution when it's ready to be released. And probably has other things going on, too. Estimated timescales have been mentioned a few times, but the thing with estimates is that they're not concrete dates, and nor should they be.

I trust that what is being built is a great module. As it is a commercial offering, I also trust that the support will be there, if or when it is needed.

I've also started the groundwork for a commerce project - I had planned to use Snipcart, but Padloper might be better - I won't know until it's released and I'm happy to wait until it is to make that choice.

• Like 3

Thanks, I'll have a look later.

I take from what I have seen it that a JS library handles the cart and then it goes through to Snipcart for the payment. If this is the case do you have much control over payment pages flow and style?

Also, I note that offer Inventory Management. How do you sync the inventory of Snip with PW. Or is that for if your site is static and can't do inventory management?