Weekly update – May 1, 2020

ryan

I hope that you all are having a good week and staying healthy. I’ve been very much focused on preparing a new ProcessWire-powered client’s website for launch, hopefully sometime next week. This is a site that’s already pretty well established with the search engines and such, so I’ve been going through all of the pre-launch QA in terms of optimization, SEO accessibility, mobile testing, getting the multi-language translators everything they need to translate, adding ProCache to the picture, and so on. For me this is one of the most fun parts of development, with relentless optimization and having it all come together… but also one of the most time intensive. This is where all the little details surface, things that need improvement become more apparent, and new ideas keep popping up. It’s also where lots of the bugs are discovered and fixed, and where I sometimes have to slap myself on the head for missing one thing or another, but then of course taking care of it. So that’s been most of this week, and I think likely at least half of next week too. But then it’s back to work on the core and modules, covering issue reports and more. I’ve actually been at work on some parts of the core and ProCache this week as well, but not to the point of finishing anything major. So you’ll see some updates on the core this week, and there’s also lots of stuff pending that’s not yet committed, and it’s all work in progress, so stuff to review later. With kids at home I’m still moving at a little slower pace than usual, but starting to get the hang of it, doing well and building momentum. While I don’t have much new to offer in this update, thanks for reading anyway, and I hope that you have a great weekend!

• Like 22

I’ve been very much focused on preparing a new ProcessWire-powered client’s website for launch

Hi Ryan,
Congratulations with your project. Isn't it great to have clients and be able to work from home
to make money. Especially in this corona lock down time. I wished I found Processwire 10 years ago.
But at least I will be able to make money online as an addition or replacement for my future pension.
Pensions here in Spain are already very low, and it is questioned here what will be left for pension
money after 10 years. I want to thank this great forum and wish all the coders good business.
Greetings from Spain.

• Like 4