PW Admin - Move pages using GUI

JeevanisM

Hello All,

As per the screen shot I attached here, I want to move a particular page ( this page has children ) to under another page using Admin option < move > . I tried to use the move option but I can only move it around same level.  how do I move it under another page ? 

pwmove8.png

On 5/2/2020 at 11:56 AM, JeevanisM said:

I figured this out.. thank you for the  responses. 

It would benefit the forum if you could tell the others how you actually solved your problem instead of just leaving a message.

21 hours ago, EyeDentify said:

It would benefit the forum if you could tell the others how you actually solved your problem instead of just leaving a message.

yes, sorry for being very vague about the reply. 

I solved this issue as below mentioned method 

If the target page (new parent) doesn't have already children you need to mark (click) it before moving the other page.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Thank you, this was a huge help! I had gotten really stuck until I read this post.

One tip in case it helps others: at least on 3.0.184, it isn't clear how to mark the childless new-parent page before moving the other page to it. Clicking the new parent and moving the other page still didn't work for me. Maybe I was doing something wrong. In any case, what DID work for me is to create a temporary new page (e.g. call it 'test') as a child of the new parent. Then drag and drop move the other page in there. Then trash the test page. This is a clunky solution, but it will work if all else fails.