EyeDentify

(SOLVED) Strange Error Uploading Image (SQLSTATE[01000]: Warning: 1265 Data truncated for column 'ratio' at row 1)

Posted (edited)

Hello dear PW gurus.

I have stumbled over a strange error that i all of sudden got when trying to upload an image to a images field on a page.
There where images allready stored in the field that i wanted to keep, but during the upload the error apear and after that all images are gone from the field and i can´t upload any, i just get the error every time.

I am running ProcessWire 3.0.153 dev.

Update:

After looking in the assets folder i find the folder for the page and the image files seems to be there including the ones i tried to upload when the error occured.
But they don´t show up in the images field in the page editor.

The error reported:

SQLSTATE[01000]: Warning: 1265 Data truncated for column 'ratio' at row 1

And here is a screenshot of the event:

img_upload_error.thumb.png.87f33ff8e55e4166cf60a8e79ac760cf.png

The TracyDebugger Error reporting:
tracy_Debugger_upload_image_error.thumb.png.a41846205827adc7a8303669a409dea3.png

I hope you fine folks could point me in a direction.
But it seems our old pal set_time_limit() is back.

Regards, EyeDentify

Edited by EyeDentify
Changed title to convey Solved status.

I think this is your issue:

Is the language set to Swedish on your site? Or, on this site, do you use commas for decimals?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kongondo said:

I think this is your issue:

Is the language set to Swedish on your site? Or, on this site, do you use commas for decimals?

Yes Swedish, and yes commas for decimals.

@kongondo

Why does TracyDebugger talk about set_time_limit() error in the image resizer module?

PHP Warning: set_time_limit(): Cannot set max execution time limit due to system policy in .../httpd.www/wire/core/ImageSizerEngine.php:1168

@adrian and @kongondo

I did some checking and turns out i am running a Maria-DB for my PW install.
one.com does not show me what version of Maria-DB.

i also checked my config file and there i set the following locale:

setlocale(LC_ALL, 'sv_SE.utf8', 'sv_SE.UTF-8', 'en_US.UTF-8', 'en_US.utf8');

So what am i doing in the meantime the Imagesfield gets updated to account for this problem?

Do i have to change to English locale?
I rather not have to.

Thanks again.

Its not a long term solution but for now i am using the files field, it at least let me upload files and output them in the template.
But ofcourse i have to do all my image resizing before upload.

I realy wish we could find a solution to this.

1 hour ago, EyeDentify said:

I realy wish we could find a solution to this.

A bug report was filed a week ago. Ryan will get to it and sort it out, I'm sure. Meanwhile, your choices are:

1. Downgrade your ProcessWire version.
  2. Make the manual db column type change if you can live with it.
  3. Write a hook to convert the value before it is saved  (using a period for decimals) and another hook for display (using comma for decimals) during render.
  4. If you really have to (usually not recommended), change the code in the core knowing full well this will be overwritten when you upgrade.
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, kongondo said:

A bug report was filed a week ago. Ryan will get to it and sort it out, I'm sure. Meanwhile, your choices are:

1. Downgrade your ProcessWire version.
  2. Make the manual db column type change if you can live with it.
  3. Write a hook to convert the value before it is saved  (using a period for decimals) and another hook for display (using comma for decimals) during render.
  4. If you really have to (usually not recommended), change the code in the core knowing full well this will be overwritten when you upgrade.

Hello @kongondo

1. is out.
2. I am not sure how to do this whitin PW?
3. Could i get a pointer to how i should go about this?, and why is this comma usefull for an field holding images?
4. Do you know where i should start looking in the code?

In the meanwhile, guess i will have to use files fields.

Thank you.

27 minutes ago, EyeDentify said:

and why is this comma usefull for an field holding images?

Did you get a chance to read the post I linked to? It's all explained there :-).

• Like 2

8 hours ago, EyeDentify said:

But it seems our old pal set_time_limit() is back.

This is why I keep saying that PW is not going to be compatible with one.com - there are several places in the core that use it.

• Like 2

@EyeDentify get a serious host, if you are building a serious application. The money you save on a cheap host, is wasted on time debugging various problems.

• Like 3

Ryan just pushed a fix for this 🙂 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, eydun said:

@EyeDentify get a serious host, if you are building a serious application. The money you save on a cheap host, is wasted on time debugging various problems.

Some of us do not have that luxery sir. We have to work with what we have.

Just now, EyeDentify said:

Some of us do not have that luxery sir. We have to work with what we have.

You can get a VPS at Linode or Digital Ocean for $5 / month. Throw Server Pilot on that and you have a great setup with all the control you need.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bernhard said:

Sounds great 🙂 How do i apply it? Just download PW 3.0.155 dev?

9 hours ago, bernhard said:

Yes @adrian i know you have been saying this and your right.
But like i said before, i can´t at the moment.

Just now, EyeDentify said:

But like i said before, i can´t at the moment.

Fair enough - it just sounded strange to call a good host a luxury in response to Eydun's attempt to help, and also to keep bringing up that set_time_limit error. Not everyone reading this thread will know about the other thread where we figured out the cause of that error so it just confounds those trying to help you here - make sense?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, adrian said:

Fair enough - it just sounded strange to call a good host a luxury in response to Eydun's attempt to help, and also to keep bringing up that set_time_limit error. Not everyone reading this thread will know about the other thread where we figured out the cause of that error so it just confounds those trying to help you here - make sense?

I hear you @adrian 

but i was not calling one.com luxury, it was more a saying that i did not have the luxury to change right now and have to work with what i got.

There was no ill will towards @eydun i know "he" was trying to help.

1 minute ago, EyeDentify said:

it was more a saying that i did not have the luxury to change right now and have to work with what i got.

Sorry, I thought you were calling a "good host" a luxury.

Anyway, I am sure there are no ill feelings - sorry if I over-analyzed things 🙂

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks to @kongondo @adrian @bernhard and @eydun

That helped me with this.

Following @ryan pushing a fix for this to the PW 3.0.155 dev branch i do not have to pull my hair any longer 🙂

Also @adrian for some reason TracyDebugger is not freaking out about the Console panel anymore even after i applied 3.0.155 dev update.

Knock on wood...

Edited by EyeDentify
changed spelling misstakes.
  • Like 3