Where should the live installation go?

NooseLadder

I've installed PW and built a site in the following directory: public_html/folder so if I go to url www.mysite.com/folder I get the homepage. The root directory currently has a holding page index.php.

I assume that when I am ready to go live I will need to move everything from public_html/folder to public_html and make sure everything flows down from there. Is that correct?

That sounds pretty much right.

After moving PW from public_html/folder to public_html things should (mostly) work instantly, but one thing you will need to take care of are in-bound links; if you've created links to local content, they're probably relative and pointing to /folder/whatever-link-target/. You could either change these links directly from database, install Page Link Abstractor to handle this for you or use this little snippet by Soma.

Another option, of course, is to export a page profile and re-install PW at public_html with that. This won't take care of the link problem, but in that case it would be quite easy to replace all "old" links in MySQL dump before running install process.

• Like 3

If you are using any template or markup caching features, you might also want to clear those caches after moving a site to/from a subdir. To do this, go in the admin to:

Modules > Markup > Markup Cache > clear cache

Modules > Page > Page Render > clear cache