Business Logic in PW?

james

Hello,

I am interested in using PW for a business logic. The business consists of renting out items, unique items. A customer should be able choose the item and book the item online. He should be able to let his name and all his details. He should be able to pay the rent for the item on a monthly basis. He should have the possibillity to choose from different payment methods like Credit Card and other. If he pay more then one month in advance he will get a discount. The system should be able to generate and send a bill. From the backend side, I should be able to see what items are rented til when and what items ar free to rent.

Is this something I could solve with PW? I guess I need the FormBuilder. I am happy to pay for it.

Can I solve this with PW, the FormBuilder and some payment services? Or do I need some serious programming?

Many thanks!
James

I don't see why you can't in Processwire, you have can your Business Logic as you would in any PHP Application, but only using Processwire API to handle the information you collect from the front-end, into it's Admin, or you can build your business logic in a Module and save to your Database. so It is possible very much. The Backend will extremely work in your favour as it has good API to easily have a backend view to see your transactions. Others will reply with their view, but it depends on your processwire knowledge and PHP skills. 

Sephiroth

• Like 2

12 hours ago, james said:

Or do I need some serious programming?

Depends on what you call "serious" but it will be quite a bit of work for sure. IMHO buying FormBuilder will not be enough. What's more important is that you get a good understanding of how PW works. What is a ProcessModule? What is an Inputfield? What a Fieldtype? How does all this play together? Once you get that you can build anything with PW.

13 minutes ago, bernhard said:

Depends on what you call "serious" but it will be quite a bit of work for sure. IMHO buying FormBuilder will not be enough. What's more important is that you get a good understanding of how PW works. What is a ProcessModule? What is an Inputfield? What a Fieldtype? How does all this play together? Once you get that you can build anything with PW.

Exactly, however *shameless insert* , I am working on Screencasting and creating Processwire video contents both for beginners till Advanced level, a bit of me is wondering if it is something that will received by the community.  I am currently honing my Video editing skills back. Do you think the community might find this useful. I have always wanted to contribute PW resources since I tend to spend alot of time around the code. Thanks 

• Like 1