processwire.com very slow since days

sekru

Hello,

I have a problem with the ProcessWire website.  Access is extremely slow from my Internet connection.  No page on processwire.com loads normally.  The forum or downloads are unusable.

A new dial-up with a new IP does not bring any improvement.  Also my iPhone is affected.  But as soon as I leave the WLAN here and surf over mobile data, everything is blazing fast.

My internet connection is otherwise very fast (170 Mbit down, 39 Mbit up, 8ms ping).  Provider 1&1 in Germany.

Am I blocked by the DoS protection?

Greetings
Sebastian

Must be something in your internet zone. Most probably a backbone or dns server.
Setup your mobile phone as a hotspot, connect with it and see if that makes any difference.
I am in Spain and the processwire site opens here fast as usual.

Alot of cloud infrastructure is under stress since many people are working from home and connecting to workplace Cloud solutions and also video conferance systems and such.

Most of PW website is hosted in the Cloud so if its under stress it could affect PW website.

But this is guessing on my part.

Now I am affected by the problem again.

When I leave my ISP through a VPN tunnel, everything works (with slightly reduced speed).

Either my ISP uses a different backbone from Europe to America, or the DoS protection blocks the IP address range I am in.One argument against the DoS protection is that the outage seems to depend on the time of day.

19 minutes ago, adrian said:

Not sure if this helps at all, but I just connected via VPN (Windscribe) through a German IP (185.189.112.92) and everything is loading fine.

Today there were also no problems... Yesterday there were problems again.

• 3 weeks later...

This is still happening to me. I am not sure if it is due to a chrome extension or not. I've given up investigating for now and instead installed a chrome extension to auto load the tab with the forum/unread page every so often.