Strategy for form creation in page edit

benbyf

Hi, Looking to create form elements on a page–some input with a colection of form inputs and the appropriate labels and variables for that input. I've used ProForms in the past and rolled out my own when creating simply one off forms, but I wonder if anyone has found a good way of allowing form creation on page editing so that clients can adhocly make and edit forms?

Thanks

• Like 1

Sorry that this isn't really an answer to your question, but I have been contemplating this idea a lot over the past few weeks. I have played around with using a page reference field that chose from a page labeled "Forms" so the user could simply select what form elements they wanted to use. However, this got a bit messy as they constantly wanted something different and I would have to make special inputs/labels just for them. It really just became a pain in the backside for myself to have to constantly update the selections. 

I guess my big hurdle is the form processing part, as each form could be different, I don't really know how to dynamically choose the form elements to send off/process. I apologize if I appear to be piggybacking off of your question, but I think the 2 go hand in hand. 

no problem at all. You gave me an idea actually, maybe we could try ProFields:Tables and setup a simple set of fields for each form element–might contrains the types of inputs you could use but might be a start... maybe wth a set of defaults that can be stored somewhere else.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 3/30/2020 at 9:46 PM, benbyf said:

Hi, Looking to create form elements on a page–some input with a colection of form inputs and the appropriate labels and variables for that input. I've used ProForms in the past and rolled out my own when creating simply one off forms, but I wonder if anyone has found a good way of allowing form creation on page editing so that clients can adhocly make and edit forms?

Thanks

@benbyf Actually wondering on this myself. I fell in love with Processwire because it was easy to organize the data and fields. But when it comes to giving users a different place (other than the ProcessWire platform itself), I'm at a limbo. Not a pro-programmer neither ProcessWire. 

Any leads would be helpful. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi @benbyf

On 3/30/2020 at 4:46 PM, benbyf said:

Thanks

Perhaps you should check out this forum thread:

Try it if you've already upgraded to PHP 8