Form builder A & B methods not working

houseofdeadleg

Hi all,

I've been using Form Builder on my current website for quite a while, I'm taking a bit of time while we're on lockdown to think about a new version. I've taken the old site and started playing around and I've noticed that all of a sudden, on this new site the embed methods A & B don't output anything, but C & D are fine. On the existing site A& B still work perfectly. I've not changed anything in the template outputting the form.

There is an error message being logged – Fatal Error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function __() in /site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/templates/form-builder.php:67. Any thoughts on what might have changed/caused this?

You might wanna clear the cache. (site/assets/cache/)

__() seems to be a multi-language string somewhere, that is not being recognized. If that really comes from the core FB files or your own templates, I can't really tell.

Moderator note: this is not the VIP Form Builder module support thread, so I'm moving it to the General Support area of the forum instead. Please keep in mind that the Modules/Plugins area is only intended for non-commercial module-specific support threads. If you don't have access to the VIP Form Builder module support thread, please send a PM to @ryan and he can help you gain access. Thanks!

11 hours ago, dragan said:

You might wanna clear the cache. (site/assets/cache/)

__() seems to be a multi-language string somewhere, that is not being recognized. If that really comes from the core FB files or your own templates, I can't really tell.

Yeah, I've tried that, didn't make any difference. It's adding the iframe to the template but not adding the html to the frame, so there's a big gap where the form should be. There aren't any multi-language options enabled on the site.

Also, when I delete modules i get the error message - Failed to delete module xxx. Is this a sign all is not well with this site?

5 hours ago, houseofdeadleg said:

Also, when I delete modules i get the error message - Failed to delete module xxx. Is this a sign all is not well with this site?

Well, it's certainly a sign that something's wrong somewhere.

I never quite encountered the same problems (either separately or in combination, i.e. empty FB iFrame + can't delete modules).

Things I would try / look at:

• Maybe your hosting company changed / updated something? (PHP version? .htaccess settings)
  • Install Tracy Debugger and put your PW site into "debug mode" (in site/config.php). At the very least, you'll get some warnings / errors that you normally wouldn't see.
  • Check server logs as well as PW logs
  • See if there's any suspicious stuff in your browser JS console.
  • Copy everything to the local machine and see how everything behaves there.

Hopefully somebody else with more Form Builder experience will soon join in with help/tips.