gswoodman

404 When accessing my admin location

Hello all,

I have recently installed ProcessWire as I am learning to develop my own personal website.

The installation process was completed, pressed 'Login to Admin' and I am receiving a 404 error.

I am using a GoDaddy Shared Hosting Package with Plesk installed.

Does anyone have any experience with using ProcessWire on a shared hoasting package?

Many Thanks.

Hello,

Welcome to the forum! 404 for the admin can be caused by various issues. You can start by

There are just too many possible causes but if you skim through the similar topics, then you will find pointers on how to proceed, debug and what to look for.

• Like 1

My best guess is that it's an htaccess issue - most likely an AllowOverride setting that isn't letting mod_rewrite kick in as needed. If you're not familiar with these settings in Plesk, it might be best to submit a support ticket.

First thing I would try is to add some gibberish text to the top of the PW root .htaccess file to see if it's being loaded and go from there.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By rolisx
      Hi Everyone
      I have a problem here. I have built a site with Processwire on localhost and then transferred to my customer's server. a) it's a windows server (unfortunately) and b) there is a domain-mapping for this site, the domain points to a folder of another domain. Sorry, I can't explain it any better, I don't really understand the different types of servers (why do they have to be different anyway...).
      My problem is, that I see the main website but not the admin page. Do I have to add anything to my .htaccess file?
      I also tried to include web.config file. Not .htaccess nor web.config file have an impact when changing its content. I really have no clue what to do!!
      Links: mcconnellacademy.ch, mcconnellacademy.ch/admin
      Thanks for any pointing in the right direction!
    • By Speed
      Hi Everyone, New here but not new to CMS and Template developing  . Early today, I've installed PW, it was successful, the result was flawless. But then, I realized I've encounter 404 error and was unable to go into admin. I've spend 4 hours going through troubleshooting guide following this link  http://processwire.com/docs/tutorials/troubleshooting-guide/page3  and I am not getting any luck, so I was hoping I could get some help from you so I can get started with PW
      First, the PW is running on localhost using MAMP 3.3.2 (free version).  The PW files is located inside MAMP/htdocs as subfolder called pwNew. So obvious inside htaccess the  Rewrite Base command should be 
      RewriteBase /pwNew (of course hashtags has been removed) if I did it right, then it didn't work for me!  So next, I went inside  /apache/conf/httpd.conf and  then changed... 'none' to 'All' 

<Directory />     Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI     AllowOverride All     Order deny,allow     Allow from all </Directory> Unfortunately, it didn't work for me.  I've confirmed twice... the mod_rewrite have been installed, up and running.
      Confirmation # 1 running mod_rewrite_test.php with this code below, 
      <?php if(in_array('mod_rewrite', apache_get_modules())) { echo 'mod_rewrite is installed.'; } else { echo 'mod_rewrite isn't installed.'; } ?> ...and then run it from browser

Confirmation # 2 from phpinfo

I really need your help and hope there are solution for it.

Thanks in advance. 
    • By z0rk
      I've just installed the latest version of PW on debian 8 with apache2. The install went flawless; no errors. After the install completed I tried to access /processwire/ and failed with a 404 error. The home page of the site displays, but all links fail with 404 errors.
      Research suggests to edit .htaccess to make sure RewriteBase poinst to [path]/processwire/. I did that, but access to /processwire/ is still failing. I've also tried to enable AllowOverride All in the apache2 configuration file, but to no avail.
      Any suggestions?
      Thanks
    • By alexcapes
      Hi,
      I have a small module I created that copies across field content from one page to multiple other pages.
      I just added a repeater field and while it copies across to the other pages it has caused timeout/memory issues with PHP. I think this is because of the multiple fields within the repeater (title, text caption, image) each being copied multiple times.
      I thought one way to help would be to not copy images across as they're not needed in the other pages.
      However I'm unable to figure out how to copy a repeater field excluding one field within the repeater itself.
      This is my current code:
      // Inline gallery 1 if(count($page->article_inline_gallery_1)) { $translation->of(false); $translation->article_inline_gallery_1->removeAll(); $gallery = $page->article_inline_gallery_1; foreach($gallery as $item) { $translation->article_inline_gallery_1->import($item); $translation->save("article_inline_gallery_1"); } } At the point that each repeater imported as a whole ->import($item) could anyone help to exclude one of the fields within the repeater?