bernhard

RockNette - Wrapper to integrate Nette Framework into ProcessWire

The title might sound more exciting that it actually is. It's just a little helper module to keep things organized 🙂 Basically it just saves you from finding the correct require_once("where/is/my/nette?") and, for a little extra security, it adds an .htaccess file to block all direct access to Nette source files.

Why?

Nette is an awesome framework with some awesome features/utilities that ProcessWire lacks. Creating separate modules and including Nette packages multiple times in those modules would not be efficient. RockNette makes it easy to store them in a central place.

Usage

You'll get all necessary instructions on the module information screen:

img

https://github.com/BernhardBaumrock/RockNette

• Like 7

The links seem to be broken @bernhard.

By the way, could you share your experience using nette forms. I did try to incorporate them, but never actually finished((

Hi @Ivan Gretsky

Which links are broken?

Hm... Nette Forms... I really like one thing: Synched frontend + backend form validation. But on the other hand I really miss one thing: ProcessWire 😄 Especially hooks. In Nette there's nothing like hooks as far as I know. They do everything by extending base classes. This can be great for more complex modifications (that's why we now have the new Page classes in ProcessWire), but modifying just one single Inputfield of a Nette form was hard to impossible for me when I played around with it some time (years?) ago... That experience might be a little different know that I made quite some progress in OOP.

One thing I could also not get working was CSRF protection via Nette. So I implemented it using ProcessWire's internal feature: 

Yes... it's obviously been 2 years since I worked on that 😅 I need some forms on a new project, so I might have a look into a new Forms Module using the new RockNette concept and Nette v3.0

• Like 1