Can't get POST data

MarkE

Sorry if I'm being a bit dim, but I'm struggling with a form submission. I have a form (InputfieldForm) with values, which are set programmatically, in hidden inputfields and a submit button. The action is an admin page with a custom process. Previously, I just had the button (no form) and a data-href with url parameters which the custom admin page picked up via $_GET - this worked fine. Then I wanted to add a load more parameters and decided to change to the post method. However, the POST parameters do not seem to be available to the custom page ($_POST is empty and $this->input->post->submit is null too). I can see from the developer tools that the POST has worked and that the parameters are there.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

22 minutes ago, MarkE said:

The action is an admin page with a custom process

You mean a module?

How do you post? The "traditional" way (form submit on click), or via AJAX?

These topics may be related to your issue:

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/19486-input-get-post-inside-of-process-module/

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/17168-input-post-empty-with-dynamically-added-input-fields/

1 hour ago, dragan said:

You mean a module?

Yes

1 hour ago, dragan said:

How do you post? The "traditional" way (form submit on click), or via AJAX?

Submit on click. No AJAX here (ironically, elsewhere, I got AJAX posts working).

The action page is loaded fine on submit. The dev tools show the POST params are there. But the ___execute() function in the module sees nothing. (All in Superuser, BTW).

If the post fields are present, maybe check the spelling of the fields in $input->post("var_name")? I know it sounds simple, but I sometimes misspell the field names and wonder why I don't get the values submitted. Maybe that's just me. ?

2 hours ago, MarkE said:

$_POST is empty and $this->input->post->submit is null too

Well that is true, but $this->input->post['param'] is filled correctly! Sorry for the slight red herring. I obviously misunderstood in thinking I could use $_POST (as $_GET was OK) .

As always, it's never simple. When I used the GET method, I linked to the action page via a data-href attribute in the InputfieldButton. It also had class="pw-modal". Now, with the POST method (working!), I have had to remove the data-href and have the action in the form element. That means I can no longer use pw-modal. So how do I get the action page in a modal?

Update: I gave up and went back to using GET. I could not find a way of getting POST and pw-modal to work together. 

Edited by MarkE
Update