"Setup > Field" - Sort field list by modified date

DV-JF

Hey all, hope you're feeling well these days!

Short question: Under "Setup > Templates" it's possible to sort the templates by last modified. Is this possible for fields view to?

Long explanation:
Currently I am in the process of programming a reusable template and often have to copy several fields & templates from different PW installations into my "master version".
Therefore it would be good to see already in the field list when the last modification has taken place.

Stay healthy & don't forget to wash you hands - many greets!

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2020 at 5:15 PM, DV-JF said:

Short question: Under "Setup > Templates" it's possible to sort the templates by last modified. Is this possible for fields view to?

I don't think it's possible

On 3/19/2020 at 5:15 PM, DV-JF said:

I am in the process of programming a reusable template

I am curious about this. Could you please explain how you are going about this and the use case? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2020 at 10:28 AM, kongondo said:

I am curious about this. Could you please explain how you are going about this and the use case? Thanks.

Among other things, I work for an advertising agency that focuses on a specific industry. In 1st line the orders are mostly for smaller websites (max. 20 subpages) for handicraft companies.

For this purpose we are currently developing a "Master-Template", which then only needs to be filled by content editors.
This template is used for all end customers and will be further developed during operation. Should an end customer have "special" wishes regarding design or function, we usually implement this in the project of the respective customer, and then adapt this functionality into the already existing "main template".

For version management, we used GitHub - with the files in the /site/ folder, it works best. However, we're still looking for a way to document changes to templates and fields so we can incorporate them into the main project.

• Like 1