Preview Intranet Application – Office Management

Luis

It's coming together great, Luis!

Perhaps should you could look at moneybird.nl. It also an invoice/accounting systeem where you can do this kind of stuff. It's Dutch, but by using Google Translate you can perhaps you can find some ideas. Their UX is pretty good and I've been using this for a couple of years.

• Like 1

Looks great!

Maybe I can use Pw in a similar way for an upcoming project (not as complex as your app), but also using the Admin with Process-Modules to interact with the database. Good to see that everything seems possible!

What's behind the UI? Bootstrap?

• Like 1

Central issue was normalizing, first you have to forget about CMS and think in a database-design-mode.

Always trying to avoid redundancies and make excessive use of the page field.

When I started the developing I just oversaw this field and created a field which contains the related page-id, so I created the poor brother of the page-field :D.

Parts of the accounting tax maths are still dealing with this fields, shame on me...

Yes,UI is based on bootstrap.

• Like 1

Central issue was normalizing, first you have to forget about CMS and think in a database-design-mode.

Always trying to avoid redundancies and make excessive use of the page field.

True :)

In my Case I already have the DB Design (normal MySQL Tables) with > 2000 records. I will model every table with a template and the relations with page fields. And finally I'll have to write some scripts to import this stuff into pw, but that's an easy task with the API.

I hope my client accepts that I use Pw to implement everything, otherwise the Project wouldn't be fun ;-)

• Like 1

When I first started playing with Dynamic sites, the one thing I liked was working out my tables to make sure all the data was where I wanted it and then went and created the site round that data structure.

When I moved over to things like Joomla the thing I disliked most was the mess that became the database once you added lots of extensions - some had their own tables, some shared existing tables, some shoved all kinds of data all into one column; anybody trying to get the data out of the database without the front end would be completely lost!

What I am enjoying about ProcessWire is being able to think about the data again. Okay, so it is collated using one strict system, but that system is logical and clean and as long as you name the tables (er, fields) intelligently, looking at the resulting schema makes sense.

Some people like pretty code, I like pretty data.

I am funny like that. :)

• Like 2

Joss, please rename your account to Papabear.

Everytime you Post, the forums becomes such a nice athmosphere of a dark forest with a tiny warming fire place, the little ones sitting around the fire, listning to the warm and comfortable voice of Papabear.

I really enjoy your posts, well you allready know what I´m thinking about you ;)

• Like 2

hahahah

I do have a long established nick name that goes with a plasticine model I made many years ago - Gurubear

bear-model.jpg

The model is looking a bit worn and crumbly now and his dreadlocks have fallen off. Actually, I know how he feels.

One day I will remake him, or at least try.

The trouble is that in some ways he and I look uncomfortably similar!

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

oh lucky to purchased one copy of the app - a lot to learn...it's sad that it disapears completly.

If Luis don't use or sell it - he could upload it on github to provide it as OS?

May i try to write him...we will see.

• 1 month later...

oh lucky to purchased one copy of the app - a lot to learn...it's sad that it disapears completly.

If Luis don't use or sell it - he could upload it on github to provide it as OS?

May i try to write him...we will see.

No response to my private message here in the forum.

@Macrura

Maybe, but templates and styling is done and if all works fine why it should be build from scratch? With a purchased licence or if it will be provided as open source we could upgrade it.

• Like 1

No response from luis via Twitter and other canals, too....did a short research on his name (think it's his real name)...but did not find anything.

The app is fully made as a own twitter bootstrap frontend - pw is only used as a dataprovider....so for frontendthings like ajax, creating listing there is much to learn for a newbie like me.

Don't shure if we could provide the files here? In the downloaded zip after buying the fee is no License file or instructions on this topic...so may i even don't get in trouble since the product store doesn't exist and the files has no license file within...your thoughts?

No response to my private message here in the forum.

@Macrura

Maybe, but templates and styling is done and if all works fine why it should be build from scratch? With a purchased licence or if it will be provided as open source we could upgrade it.

yes, good point... would be keen to see it. Mostly though, i never seem to be able to use stock systems, because the business logic is hard to encapsulate into one system, which is why if you build this with PW backend, then you are really tailoring it for specific use;

I also say this because i just alighted from a 200+ hr asp.net project (where my part was only a fraction of the total labor) in building a custom app, and never a day went by when i observed how so many of the things we needed to constantly build and rebuild and fix could have been handled simply by pw admin;

• Like 2

Don't shure if we could provide the files here? In the downloaded zip after buying the fee is no License file or instructions on this topic...so may i even don't get in trouble since the product store doesn't exist and the files has no license file within...your thoughts?

Not being available at the product store doesn't make it open.

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

sorry for not responding or being active in any PW related topic for some time now. 

First of all, yes I closed the shop and shut down my servers.

I had some major trouble in the past related to my personal situation which made it impossible to work on my projects or to maintain them.

Active development of the office suite would not continue, sorry for that. 

During the last 12 months I changed my work live completly, I am now hired as Product Manager in a company and dont do freelancing stuff anymore. 

I would overthink your wish to make the suite OS and share my decision on this the next few days with u if there is still interest in it, just let me know.

:)

Luis 

• Like 10