Preview Intranet Application – Office Management

Luis

Hi Luis,

Sorry to hear about your personal situation. Hopefully you got things worked out and are enjoying your life as Product Manager. All the best Luis.

Personally I would really enjoy looking at your app again. Back in the day I've tested some stuff, but I lost of the beta files. I learned quite a few new tricks from your app. So if you want to put it somewhere on Github, I'm definitely interested. Just put up a small readme.md with info that you won't support it and release it under the WTFPL license  :).

• Like 3

Sorry there man, I hope things are getting better now. As for the project I never got to try the product, but I would love to try it out as I am working on an external database management system and from the looks of it this would be a very useful resource for myself and possibly many people for various other reasons. Whatever you decide I totally understand after the amount of work that you have put into this already. 

Nice to hear from you again Luis. Best of luck for your new professional life!

How's Karlsruhe? :)

I like it so far, well i´ve been working here since 6 years ;)

Ok guys, if anyone would like to manage the suite on GitHub I will gift the source to the community. 

• Like 9

sorry for the delay of my answer -  i'm a little sick at the moment...

i would provide some help to get this running. I don't think there should be much to maintain / support more prodive the app as download to learn build own stuff from it like a really professional usecase demonstration.

How far i remember it is based on a 2.3/2.2 PW Version so @Luis have you the latest binaries from your project and send me a link.

I've bought it last year to learn from  a real life example app - but i don't now if this was the latest version?

Next step could be update the PW version to actual stable and export it as a site profile so it would be more flexible to setup - further we could ask the guys from lightning.pw if we can setup a demo site...all done.

regards mr-fan

• Like 1

Here we are Luis.... ;)

just set up a public repo:

https://github.com/mr-fan/Officesuite

Just created a exported siteprofile from a actual 2.7.1 PW version. So every one could install it simple as a site profile.

Now the last question is the license and your permissions and wishes about that topic.

May we should go with GPL or release it as simple Public Domain:

http://choosealicense.com/licenses/

For me i think it could only stay as a example application for learning some stuff - the app itself can only used partly while some things in accounting and billing changed and everyone that use this app should care about this things (for example IBAN and BIC instead of banking accont number...)

But it is your piece of work and it is your decision.

@all - this is a german language application and for multiligual frontend we have to change every hardcoded string in the templates....so to a multilang working out of the box app some work is on the road...that i could not do alone. So every one that is interested in helping could send me a PM for further work on this - or every one could use it as it is...

regards mr-fan

• Like 4

@diogo - i know that ;) - i only give a hint to all that are interested in using or building on this application...

I don't have the time to support this site profile - i only could take the time to set it up for Luis as OS to provide it as a usecase to study for other PW users.

There are a lot of good ajax implementations, data usage, own frontend stuff and html2pdf examples that are useful for beginners and interested people.

...Waiting for Luis with his decision on the license topic and then i'll upload the site profile...

regards mr-fan

Uhm I think GPL would fit, im not experienced in this kind of topic. Maybe someone could give a hint or two. 

Good job mr-fan :) 

Hope there is plenty to learn, even if it was something from my very beginning in php dev stuff and a lot of lazy work. 

OK Thank you for reply.

We could use GPL 2.0 or 3.0 main difference would be that with 3.0 sublicensing would be allowed.

We could go with this http://choosealicense.com/licenses/gpl-3.0/

and you could set some notes from you as creator - or not just as you wish.

For the copyright notice i need a name + email and we are ready.

regards mr-fan

• 2 weeks later...

So after some smalltalk to Luis and some xmas madness...it's all there as kind of little christmas present.

A OS siteprofile released under MIT so it should be easy possible to use parts of that profile in own projects and keep credits to the original creator.

Github Repo:

https://github.com/mr-fan/Officesuite

Thanks again to Luis for his permission to release it to the community.

Best regards mr-fan

• Like 5

Parse Error: syntax error, unexpected '}' (line 109 of /var/www/html/site/templates/systemcheck.php) 

This error message was shown because you are logged in as a Superuser. Error has been logged.

PHP Version 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.14

sorry, no time to investigate this on my own for the time...

• Like 1

important is when you get this - while installation or after that....since this part of the code only check for the page->url and redirect you to finish basic settings first...nothing special here.

regards mr-fan

• 3 months later...
Parse Error: syntax error, unexpected '}' (line 109 of /var/www/html/site/templates/systemcheck.php) 

This error message was shown because you are logged in as a Superuser. Error has been logged.

PHP Version 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.14

sorry, no time to investigate this on my own for the time...

This should work: In systemcheck.php, change the short open PHP tags from <? to <?php.

oh - thanks to craig,

there are a lot of shorttags in this application...it would be easier to allow them on the server - or search+replace them all before installation...

regards mr-fan

If this is something that is expected to be installed on a variety of platforms (some of which may not have the ability to change the server setting) then I'd vote for changing the code to use <?php, so it will appeal to a wider audience :)

I know it's not required for this type of project - but the ProcessWire Coding Style Guide says (and is good to aim for):

Files MUST use only <?php and <?= tags.
  • Like 1

It's not my code - i only present the former commercial project in agreement with the author....but you know.

I'm a little bit under pressure these days (no negative stress - more a positive one with two legs and arms and pretty much hunger since two weeks.... :frantics: ..)

So if someone do a wuick search and replace i take the pull request on github...if not i will see if i got a minute on this...;)

best regards mr-fan