ProcessWire on the web

apeisa

Great stuff but I do think that some might accuse cms critic of being a little biased though I do totally agree with the result. ^-^

But saying that cms critic is probably in a better position than most to make such a judgment after testing and using so many content management systems.

• Like 1

Great stuff but I do think that some might accuse cms critic of being a little biased though I do totally agree with the result. ^-^

Yes, I did think that perhaps he should have said, in a friendly way, "Look, I am completely biased, but it is for very good reasons!"

Edit: Which would be more than many of those people who promote wp and use wp ever say ....

@joss Yes that would be a good way of putting and would also gain more respect.

I know what you mean by some WP users & WP promoters. It is often stated by them as a matter of fact that Wordpress is the best without even trying anything else.

• Like 1

I know what you mean by some WP users & WP promoters. It is often stated by them as a matter of fact that Wordpress is the best without even trying anything else.

The one thing about Processwire uses is that most of them have ended up here having really trawled round the field, so have a pretty good perspective.  When I think of all those I have tried (and I have use less than many):

PHP News script thingy (no database required and bugger all security either)

Mambo

Drupal

Joomla/Seblod (an attempt to make Joomla more versatile, but ends up hugely bloated)

Dreamweaver

Impakt

TikiWiki

Liferay

And all those I have long forgotten

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Just saw this announcement in my favourite german computer magazine c't. In the next issue on March 7th, there will be an article about our favourite CMS processwire.

Anybody knows who is writing this article, someone from the forum? And be prepared for some traffic...

For all non german speaking people, the text reads as follows:

ProcessWire instead of Joomla, WordPress and others

A modular content managment system, which adapts to the needs of web developers - instead of contrary. ProcessWire promises much freedom without ballast. Whether blog, club site or a complex business site - the free CMS handles it all.

post-508-0-42741500-1424563431_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

It is possible that they just don't have anyone expert enough in Processwire at the moment to create such a course.

Though it would be interesting to see if there was a change in attitude if some of us started creating and selling Processwire site profiles on themeforest.

• Like 1

Sometimes i work with themeforrest HTML themes on projects with low budget...fun fact is with PW I get a HTML theme up and running with normal content in a few minutes... But hey a WordPress theme with xxx dependencies and a insecure cms only cost the double price...:-)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this announcement in my favourite german computer magazine c't. In the next issue on March 7th, there will be an article about our favourite CMS processwire.

Anybody knows who is writing this article, someone from the forum? And be prepared for some traffic...

For all non german speaking people, the text reads as follows:

ProcessWire instead of Joomla, WordPress and others

A modular content managment system, which adapts to the needs of web developers - instead of contrary. ProcessWire promises much freedom without ballast. Whether blog, club site or a complex business site - the free CMS handles it all.

Just hold the new c't one of the big german computer magazines....it's a 4 page article....very nice written.

some extractions translated:

...the development of a webpage is "shocking easy"...

...the growing modul catalog, the active community and the "ProcessWire Weekly"-Newsletter shows, that on this young Opens-Source-CMS happened a lot. The roadmap promise interesting features for the future....

...backlinks online and in the end of the article $pw->awesome->url = http://ct.de/ybn5

best regards and a great weekend

mr-fan

• Like 8

Awesome, can't wait to read it. Just bought the article online.

btw. the article is called "Kurzer Prozess", literally translates to "short process", best English equivalent might be "to cut to the chase". Wordplay here.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...