Inputfield Selector Select ID

Uses the Page List Select inputfield for user-friendly input of page IDs into Inputfield Selector.

Overview

This module adds a feature to Inputfield Selector, which is most commonly seen in Lister (Find) and Lister Pro.

When adding a filter row for "Parent", "Has parent/ancestor" or "ID" the user is expected to enter a page ID to match against. But this is not as user-friendly as it could be because the user may be able to identify the desired page by its title or location in the tree but not know its ID. This is particularly the case for site editors who may not even understand the concept of a page ID.

So this module adds a thunderbolt icon to relevant rows in Inputfield Selector. When the icon is clicked a Page List Select inputfield opens in a modal window, allowing the user to visually select a page from the tree. When the modal is closed with "OK" the ID of the selected page is inserted into the filter row.

select-id

Tip

After a page selection has been made in the modal window the "OK" button will automatically receive focus so if you prefer you can close the modal by hitting the Enter key rather than mousing to the OK button.

Installation

Install the Inputfield Selector Select ID module.

https://github.com/Toutouwai/InputfieldSelectorSelectID
https://modules.processwire.com/modules/inputfield-selector-select-id/

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Nice! That's indeed much more user-friendly. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

PageListSelect in a VEX modal - very nice 🙂 Looks great!

• Like 2

A page autocomplete field would be even more userfriendly. As the selected value you have to get the ID, but the title and ID could be displayed in the input/select.

Nice work anyways 😄

• Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 6:13 PM, Jens Martsch - dotnetic said:

A page autocomplete field would be even more userfriendly.

Depends a lot on the use case: if you already know the title of the page you're going to pick (and only have a single item named like that), autocomplete is nice. Otherwise it can be pretty useless (as a selection mechanism): in some cases I've actually had to open a separate tab to browse to the page in the page tree just to find a name I can then type in an autocomplete field 😅

• Like 1

I guess a Page Autocomplete combined with that nice VEX-modal-PageListSelect that Robin shows in his screencast would be a great addition in general for PW 🙂 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bernhard said:

I guess a Page Autocomplete combined with that nice VEX-modal-PageListSelect that Robin shows in his screencast would be a great addition in general for PW 🙂 

Was actually going to suggest that perhaps the modal window could have both options, but this would be much better 🙂

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MoritzLost
      TrelloWire
      This is a module that allows you to automatically create Trello cards for ProcessWire pages and update them when the pages are updated. This allows you to setup connected workflows. Card properties and change handling behaviour can be customized through the extensive module configuration. Every action the module performs is hookable, so you can modify when and how cards are created as much as you need to. The module also contains an API-component that makes it easy to make requests to the Trello API and build your own connected ProcessWire-Trello workflows.
      Features
      All the things the module can do for you without any custom code: Create a new card on Trello whenever a page is added or published (you can select applicable templates). Configure the target board, target list, name and description for new cards. Add default labels and checklists to the card. Update the card whenever the page is updated (optional). When the status of the card changes (published / unpublished, hidden / unhidden, trashed / restored or deleted), move the card to a different list or archive or delete it (configurable). You can extend this through hooks in many ways: Modifiy when and how cards are created. Modify the card properties (Target board & list, title, description, et c.) before they are sent to Trello. Create your own workflows by utilizing an API helper class with many convenient utility methods to access the Trello API directly. Feedback & Future Plans
      Let me know what you think! In particular:
      If you find any bugs report them here or on Github, I'll try to fix them. This module was born out of a use-case for a client project where we manage new form submissions through Trello. I'm not sure how many use-cases there are for this module. If you do use it, tell me about it! The Trello API is pretty extensive, I'll try to add some more helper methods to the TrelloWireApi class (let me know if you need anything in particular). I'll think about how the module can support different workflows that include Twig – talk to me if you have a use-case! Next steps could be a dashboard to manage pages that are connected to a Trello card, or a new section in the settings tab to manage the Trello connection. But it depends on whether there is any interest in this 🙂 Links
      Repository on Github Complete module documentation (getting started, configuration & API documentation) TrelloWire in the modules directory Module configuration

• By Gadgetto
      SnipWire - Snipcart integration for ProcessWire
      Snipcart is a powerful 3rd party, developer-first HTML/JavaScript shopping cart platform. SnipWire is the missing link between Snipcart and the content management framework ProcessWire.
      With SnipWire, you can quickly turn any ProcessWire site into a Snipcart online shop. The SnipWire plugin helps you to get your store up and running in no time. Detailed knowledge of the Snipcart system is not required.
      SnipWire is free and open source licensed under Mozilla Public License 2.0! A lot of work and effort has gone into development. It would be nice if you could donate an amount to support further development:

Status update links (inside this thread) for SnipWire development
      2020-04-06 -- SnipWire 0.8.6 (beta) released! Adds support for Snipcart subscriptions and also fixes some problems 2020-03-21 -- SnipWire 0.8.5 (beta) released! Improves SnipWires webhooks interface and provides some other fixes and additions 2020-03-03 -- SnipWire 0.8.4 (beta) released! Improves compatibility for Windows based Systems. 2020-03-01 -- SnipWire 0.8.3 (beta) released! The installation and uninstallation process has been heavily revised. 2020-02-08 -- SnipWire 0.8.2 (beta) released! Added a feature to change the cart and catalogue currency by GET, POST or SESSION param 2020-02-03 -- SnipWire 0.8.1 (beta) released! All custom classes moved into their own namespaces. 2020-02-01 -- SnipWire is now available via ProcessWire's module directory! 2020-01-30 -- SnipWire 0.8.0 (beta) first public release! (module just submitted to the PW modules directory) 2020-01-28 -- added Custom Order Fields feature (first SnipWire release version is near!) 2020-01-21 -- Snipcart v3 - when will the new cart system be implemented? 2020-01-19 -- integrated taxes provider finished (+ very flexible shipping taxes handling) 2020-01-14 -- new date range picker, discount editor, order notifiactions, order statuses, and more ... 2019-11-15 -- orders filter, order details, download + resend invoices, refunds 2019-10-18 -- list filters, REST API improvements, new docs platform, and more ... 2019-08-08 -- dashboard interface, currency selector, managing Orders, Customers and Products, Added a WireTabs, refinded caching behavior 2019-06-15 -- taxes provider, shop templates update, multiCURL implementation, and more ... 2019-06-02 -- FieldtypeSnipWireTaxSelector 2019-05-25 -- SnipWire will be free and open source Plugin Key Features
      Fast and simple store setup Full integration of the Snipcart dashboard into the ProcessWire backend (no need to leave the ProcessWire admin area) Browse and manage orders, customers, discounts, abandoned carts, and more Multi currency support Custom order and cart fields Process refunds and send customer notifications from within the ProcessWire backend Process Abandoned Carts + sending messages to customers from within the ProcessWire backend Complete Snipcart webhooks integration (all events are hookable via ProcessWire hooks) Integrated taxes provider (which is more flexible then Snipcart own provider) Useful Links
      SnipWire in PW modules directory SnipWire Docs (please note that the documentation is a work in progress) SnipWire @GitHub (feature requests and suggestions for improvement are welcome - I also accept pull requests) Snipcart Website  
      ---- INITIAL POST FROM 2019-05-25 ----

• By bernhard
      #######################
      Please use the new RockFinder2
      #######################
      WHY?
      This module was built to fill the gap between simple $pages->find() operations and complex SQL queries.
      The problem with $pages->find() is that it loads all pages into memory and that can be a problem when querying multiple thousands of pages. Even $pages->findMany() loads all pages into memory and therefore is a lot slower than regular SQL.
      The problem with SQL on the other hand is, that the queries are quite complex to build. All fields are separate tables, some repeatable fields use multiple rows for their content that belong to only one single page, you always need to check for the page status (which is not necessary on regular find() operations and therefore nobody is used to that).
      In short: It is far too much work to efficiently and easily get an array of data based on PW pages and fields and I need that a lot for my RockGrid module to build all kinds of tabular data.

Basic Usage

Docs & Download
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/rock-finder/
      https://github.com/BernhardBaumrock/RockFinder

Changelog
      180817, v1.0.6, support for joining multiple finders 180810, v1.0.5, basic support for options fields 180528, v1.0.4, add custom select statement option 180516, change sql query method, bump version to 1.0.0 180515, multilang bugfix 180513, beta release <180513, preview/discussion took place here: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/18983-rocksqlfinder-highly-efficient-and-flexible-sql-finder-module/
    • By MoritzLost
      Process Cache Control
      This module provides a simple solution to clearing all your cache layers at once, and an extensible interface to perform various cache-related actions.
      The simple motivation behind this module was that I was tired of manually clearing caches in several places after deploying a change on a live site. The basic purpose of this module is a simple Clear all caches link in the Setup menu which clears out all caches, no matter where they hide. You can customize what exactly the module does through it's configuration menu:
      Expire or delete all cache entries in the database, or selectively clear caches by namespace ($cache API) Clear the the template render cache. Clear out specific folders inside your site's cache directory (/site/assets/cache) Clear the ProCache page render cache (if your site is using ProCache) Refresh version strings for static assets to bust client-side browser caches (this requires some setup, see the full documentation for details). This is the basic function of the module. However, you can also add different cache management action through the API and execute them through the module's interface. For this advanced usage, the module provides:
      An interface to see all available cache actions and execute them. A system log and logging output on the module page to see verify what the module is doing. A CacheControlTools class with utility functions to clear out different caches. An API to add cache actions, execute them programmatically and even modify the default action. Permission management, allowing you granular control over which user roles can execute which actions. The complete documentation can be found in the module's README.
      Plans for improvements
      If there is some interest in this, I plan to expand this to a more general cache management solution. I particular, I would like to add additional cache actions. Some ideas that came to mind:
      Warming up the template render cache for publicly accessible pages. Removing all active user sessions. Let me know if you have more suggestions!
      Links
      https://github.com/MoritzLost/ProcessCacheControl ProcessCacheControl in the Module directory CHANGELOG in the repository Screenshots

• By Macrura
      PrevNextTabs Module
      Github: https://github.com/outflux3/PrevNextTabs
      Processwire helper modules for adding page navigation within the editor.
      Overview
      This is a very simple module that adds Previous and Next links inline with the tabs on the page editor. Hovering over the tab shows the title of the previous or next page (using the admin's built in jqueryUI tooltips.)
      Usage
      This module is typically used during development where you or your editors need to traverse through pages for the purpose of proofing, flagging and/or commenting. Rather than returning to the page tree or lister, they can navigate with these links.
      Warnings
      If you are using PW version 2.6.1 or later, the system will prevent you from leaving the page if you have unsaved edits.
      For earlier versions, to avoid accidentally losing changes made to a page that might occur if a user accidentally clicks on one of these, make sure to have the Form Save Reminder module installed.
      http://modules.processwire.com/modules/prev-next-tabs/