ProcessPageList Tweak

porl

Hi all.

I've made a small tweak to the ProcessPageList core module. I like the page actions hover feature but find it a bit fiddly hovering over the page labels. I made a change to (optionally, toggleable in settings) show the actions when hovering over the entire page row.

I mostly did this for myself but is there any interest in people using this? I'm not sure it is worth releasing as a full module, as it then would require tracking updates etc. and is just a small change in a couple of files. If there is interest though I guess I could request a pull request (if @ryan doesn't want to just use the diff file below).

ProcessPageList.diff

• Like 1

... and, if you want to do something that AOS doesn't support, one should use HOOKS instead of rewriting core modules, to avoid the version update hassle. ?

TLDR; Following some example code from 2014/2015, (written before AOS was released).

Spoiler

class jhpArchiveHelper extends WireData implements Module {

public static function getModuleInfo() {
		return array(
			'title' => 'JHP Archive Helper',
			'version' => 200,
			'summary' => "ImageImports with IPTC | add Pagelist Labelitems | provides ICON-markup | and more ...",
			'href' => '',
			'author' => 'horst',
			'singular' => true,
			'autoload' => true
		);
	}

public function init() {
		$this->addHookBefore('InputfieldFile::fileAdded', $this, 'importImage');
		$this->addHookBefore('ProcessPageView::pageNotFound', $this, 'hookLog404Errors');
		$this->addHookAfter('Pages::save', $this, 'hookAfterPagesSave');
        $this->addHookAfter('ProcessPageListRender::getPageLabel', $this, 'addPageListLabelItems');  /* <=== */  
		$this->addHook('LazyCron::every30Minutes', $this, 'cacheModifiedStamps');
		if(wire('user')->isLoggedIn) {
			// we need to check more frequently to recognize changes in the lists
			$this->addHook('LazyCron::everyMinute', $this, 'cacheModifiedStamps');
		}
	}

public function addPageListLabelItems($event) {
		$page = $event->arguments('page');
		if('album' == $page->template) {
			$archivnummer = $page->archivnummer == '' ? ' <span class="jhpPageListItemEmpty archivnummer">------</span> ' : ' <span class="jhpPageListItem archivnummer">' . $page->archivnummer . '</span> ';
            $event->return = $archivnummer . $event->return .
                ' <span class="jhpPageListImageCount">' . count($page->images) . '</span> ';
            return;
		}
		if('tools' == $page->template && 'albums-thumbs-colspan' == $page->parent->name) {
			$added = ' <span class="jhpPageListItem archivnummer">' . $page->name . '</span> ';
			$event->return = $added . $event->return;
            return;
		}
		if('architekt' == $page->template) {
			$architektenort = $page->ortarchitekt == '' ? ' <span class="jhpPageListItemEmpty"><strong style="color:white">kein Ort eingetragen</strong></span> ' : '';
			$event->return = $event->return . $architektenort;
            return;
		}
	}

• Like 2

Well then... I guess I can delete my module haha

Nice one, I'd heard of AOS but didn't think to check it for this feature. As I said, I was just playing with it for my own sake and thought that since it was a small change it might be able to be included. Didn't think to use hooks (and to be honest I'm not sure I would have known which ones to use and how to do it in this case).

Thanks for the input, happy to learn!

• Like 4