Template Tag Edit in List (like Field's "Manage Tags")

BitPoet

Very helpful, thanks!

I see the module gives a warning if a tag is created that has the same name as an existing template. Tags added to a template via the core way on the Advanced tab don't give this warning. Is there a catch to watch out for if a tag name is also a template name?

Also, it's only a small thing but maybe this module only needs to autoload in the PW admin ("autoload" => "template=admin") rather than for the front-end also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robin S said:

I see the module gives a warning if a tag is created that has the same name as an existing template. Tags added to a template via the core way on the Advanced tab don't give this warning. Is there a catch to watch out for if a tag name is also a template name?

That's a good question which I don't have an answer to. I copied that from ProcessField, which behaves the same - a warning if you use "manage tags", but none if you assign such a tag in the regular Field edit form.

1 hour ago, Robin S said:

Also, it's only a small thing but maybe this module only needs to autoload in the PW admin

Good point, thanks. Already added in 0.0.2.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BitPoet said:

I copied that from ProcessField, which behaves the same - a warning if you use "manage tags", but none if you assign such a tag in the regular Field edit form.

This warning relative to search copabilities by tags that was introduced in 3.0.106 https://processwire.com/blog/posts/pw-3.0.106/#a-new-way-to-search-with-upgraded-tags-for-fields 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Zeka said:

This warning relative to search copabilities by tags that was introduced in 3.0.106 https://processwire.com/blog/posts/pw-3.0.106/#a-new-way-to-search-with-upgraded-tags-for-fields 

Ah, now it makes sense (and no sense for templates), no idea how that slipped past me. Thanks a lot! I removed the warning in version 0.0.3.