ngrmm

set checkbox value inside a table

I have a page with a table. Each table row has a page-reference field and a checkbox.
The Page sends emails to all users (page-refrence->email-field) and change the value of the checkbox in a row to 1.

It works with this:

<?php

// event ID fron url query
	$eventID = $input->get('eventID','int');

// get event-page
	$event = $pages->get($eventID);

// config
	$fromEmail = $event->event_mail_from;
	$fromName = $event->event_mail_from_name;
	$emailSubject = $event->event_subject;

// email html body
	ob_start();
	include('./_inc/emailbody.inc');
	$emailBody = ob_get_clean();

// make event-page editable
	$event->of(false); 

// loop through table and send out emails
	foreach($event->event_clients_list as $event_table_row) {

// get client page
		$clientPage = $event_table_row->client_name;

// get client email
		$clientEmail = $clientPage->email;

// if client isn't invited yet (checkbox not checked)
		if($event_table_row->client_invited == '') {

// send email
			$m = new WireMail();
			$m->to($clientEmail);
			$m->from($fromEmail, $fromName);
			$m->subject($emailSubject);
			$m->bodyHTML($emailBody);
			$m->send();

// mark client as invited
			$event_table_row->client_invited = 1;
			$event->save('event_clients_list');	
		}
	}
?>

But i have to use a variable in my emailbody.inc which i'm able to get in the table-loop.
So i do the including of the body inside my loop. But this doesn't work anymore. Page sends out the emails but is unable to change the value of the checkbox.
I get no errors!
I'm using ProTable

<?php

// event ID fron url query
	$eventID = $input->get('eventID','int');

// get event-page
	$event = $pages->get($eventID);

// config
	$fromEmail = $event->event_mail_from;
	$fromName = $event->event_mail_from_name;
	$emailSubject = $event->event_subject;

// get client page

// get client email

// email html body
		ob_start();

$event->of(false); 

// send email
			$m = new WireMail();
			$m->to($clientEmail);
			$m->send();

// mark client as invited
		}
	}
?>

Got it working by using two loops. One for sending out emails and the other for changing the value.

// get client page

// get client email

// email html body
		ob_start();

// send email
			$m = new WireMail();
			$m->to($clientEmail);
			$m->send();		

}
	}

$event->of(false); 

// loop through table and change value

}

}

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MateThemes
      Hello everyone!
      I am working with Processwire since some time. But some topics are quite hard for me.
      I have a Portfolio (Gallery) Page.
      I am build a template with Portfolio Index and pages with portfolio entries.
      Structure:
      Portfolio Index
      -- Portfolio Entry
      -- Portfolio Entry
      and so on.
      Portfolio Entry has an Image field with max 12 images and are accessible Templates. 
      Now I want to display the single Portfolio Entry on the Portfolio Index and Paginate them. In the index page all images of a single Entry page should be displayed (I should not be organized as albums, where a random image of the portfolio entry should be displayed). 
      I have no clue to achieve this. May someone could give me an advice.
      Thank you in advance!
    • By Vigilante
      In general, is there an easy way to know which method should be used to access the API?
      For example, when _ini.php is used in the theme, it would seem you have to use wire()->addHookBefore(...). But on other sites where they used ready.php, I've seen it go straight to just doing $this->addHookAfter() even though there is no class or namespace set up in the ready.php file.
      So how do I know when I can do $this, or $wire, or wire() to access things? And any other variables I'm not aware of.
      Thanks!
    • By VeiJari
      Hello forum,
      This is really a weird one, because front end editing works in a earlier website we did to a customer. 
      When I check the source code for current website it does initiate front end edit: 
      <span id=pw-edit-1 class='pw-edit pw-edit-InputfieldPageTitle' data-name=title data-page=1021 data-lang='1017' style='position:relative'><span class=pw-edit-orig>Tekijät</span><span class=pw-edit-copy id=pw-editor-title-1021 style='display:none;-webkit-user-select:text;user- select:text;' contenteditable>Tekijät</span></span>  But when I double click nothing happens (yes I'm 100% sure I'm superuser and logged in)
      I also tried to apply the front end with other methods than:
      $page->edit('title'); But didn't work either.
      We are using jquery 2.2.4, so it should not be a problem.
      Is this a bug related to current master or something else?
      Someone else having this problem as well?
    • By jom
      Hi everyone
      It seems that I don't fully understand the wireTempPath() function and I need some help.
      I use wireTempPath() to create a new location in assets/cache/WireTempDir and than copy a pdf from the assets/files/page folder to the new folder. I want the file to be accessible only for a limited time, that's why I use wireTempPath.
      The file seems to be copied to the right location, but gets deleted right afterwards, according to 
      As mentioned in the topic above, 
      $wireTempDir->setRemove(false); prevents the file to be deleted. But I like the file to be automatically deleted after a few days. So, how can I do that?
      My code so far (everything works, but the automatic removal of the tempDir folder):
      //generate and show download link $folder = time(); // timestamp as temporary folder $maxAge = (int) $settings->options_downloadlink_valid_hours * 3600; //tempDir wants maxAge as seconds $options = array( 'maxAge' => $maxAge ); $wireTempDir = wireTempDir($folder, $options); $wireTempDir->setRemove(false); $src_file = $page->ebook_download->filename; // Create a new directory in ProcessWire's cache dir if(wire('files')->mkdir($wireTempDir, $recursive = true)) { if(wire('files')->copy($src_file, $wireTempDir)){ //get subdirs from tempDir: $pos = strpos($wireTempDir, "WireTempDir"); $subdir = substr($wireTempDir, $pos, 100); $out .= "<p><a href='" . wire('pages')->get('template=passthrough')->httpUrl . "?file=" . $subdir . $page->ebook_download->basename . "' target='_blank'>$page->title</a></p>"; } } I appreciate any ideas - thanks!
      Oliver
    • By maba
      Hello,
      I need to import regularly - every 15 or 30 days - a big .xslx file into my PW installation.
      This file now has 14 columns, 5.000 rows and grows every month.
      I'll need to group, order and work with these data to:
      analyse User monthly costs analyse User costs per Asset ... User (real AD account) has to match with a PW user - I can't join to the domain - but as you can see I have some services users (start with sca_*) or no user at all. Those rows have to be assigned to a specific user, e.g. account100.
      And:
      I would like to be able to have a kind of diff function to compare User assets between this and last month (and so on) other request is to have a notification when something change for a User between actual and latest import First request: which is the best solution to store those data in your opinion? Page, Table, Repeater Matrix, ...?
      Those are very repetitive data and I think a page reference is better than to import all the data every time but I have to understand how to manage those "dynamic" groups of software (AccType Det), hardware (Asset), ... For example Price will be imported and not stored with the description because it could be change in the future and I'll not have any control on it.
      Thanks!
      User,OE,productNmr,AccType1,AccType Det,Count,Price (€),Sum,ASNA,CC,AccType Info,Asset,AccGroup,,,,,,,,,,,,,