@zoeck I implemented modal editing for the collection panels. See the latest release. You can set the mode to modal or blank for edit or view links.

The modal auto-closes on page save and the panel reloads via AJAX when an edit modal closes.

/* Open edit links in modal, view links in new tab */

$panels->add([
  'panel' => 'collection',
  'data' => [
    'editMode' => 'modal',
    'viewMode' => 'blank',
  ],
]);

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jens Martsch - dotnetic said:

I found the solution, I have to include the hook before the require in admin.php

I could make that a bit more obvious in the documentation 🥂

It would also be nice, if you provide a complete copy and paste solution for the admin.php, so one could directly see a working example. This requires of course to install all submodules.

@gmclelland There's a few good ideas in there! I do have an at-a-glance/counter panel on the roadmap, but I'm not sure how to exactly build that since ProcessWire — as opposed to Wordpress — doesn't have any pre-configured content types, so I would have to make it a bit more configurable.

I also like the idea of having different tabs, although it's not a requirement I see many pages having. It should be relatively simple to implement, though (apart from the permissions stuff).

6 minutes ago, Jens Martsch - dotnetic said:

It would also be nice, if you provide a complete copy and paste solution for the admin.php, so one could directly see a working example.

I'm planning on revamping the documentation at some point — split it into sub-pages and make it more navigable. Next on the list is an example section with code snippets for all panels, as you suggested.

It would also be nice, if I could add panels as an array of arrays (or objects) like

$panels->add([
        [
            'panel' => 'number',
            'title' => 'Neue Seiten',
            'data' => [
                'number' => 484,
                'detail' => '100 mehr als im vorigen Monat',
                'trend' => 'up',
            ]
        ],
        [

'panel' => 'page-list',
            'title' => 'zuletzt bearbeitete Seiten',
            'data' => [
                'collection' => 'template=basic-page, limit=10',
                'sortable' => true,
            ],
        ]
    ]);

Right now, it seems, that I have to use $panels->add for every single panel, is that correct?

7 minutes ago, Jens Martsch - dotnetic said:

Right now, it seems, that I have to use $panels->add for every single panel, is that correct?

i agree here with this – i actually tried to add an array of panels first before I realized you had to do each panel on a different call..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jens Martsch - dotnetic said:

@Jens Martsch - dotnetic @Macrura Correct. The problem here is that the config object is an array, and the outer array is also an array. There's no way of telling if it's a config array or a collection of config arrays without it getting ugly.

Luckily, WireArray has an import() method for that exact purpose. I added a release on GitHub that supports adding an array of panels via $panels->import([]);

• Like 1

4 hours ago, d'Hinnisdaël said:

I do have an at-a-glance/counter panel on the roadmap, but I'm not sure how to exactly build that since ProcessWire — as opposed to Wordpress — doesn't have any pre-configured content types, so I would have to make it a bit more configurable.

Couldn't you loop over all templates(excluding system templates) and use the template's name along with a count?

For example:

• Basic Page (55)
  • Calendar Postings (77)
  • Job Postings (88)
  • community-event (55)  <- this one doesn't have a friendly template name, the others above do
  • Total Pages (400)

It would probably be helpful to show file information as well.  Like:

• Documents (1,000)
  • Images (2,000)
  • Audio (30)
  • Videos (40)
  • Total Files (3,000)

The number of users would be helpful per role

• Editors (20)
  • Contributors (25)
  • Vendors (22)
  • System Admins (2)
  • Total Users (60)

All of that would probably need to be cached so isn't too taxing on the server.  Maybe only displayed to admins as well?  I thought I remembered a module that already provides similar counts?  I can't remember the name. Maybe I'll remember it later?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, d'Hinnisdaël said:

@zoeck I implemented modal editing for the collection panels. See the latest release. You can set the mode to modal or blank for edit or view links.

The modal auto-closes on page save and the panel reloads via AJAX when an edit modal closes.

/* Open edit links in modal, view links in new tab */

$panels->add([
  'panel' => 'collection',
  'data' => [
    'editMode' => 'modal',
    'viewMode' => 'blank',
  ],
]);

This does not work directly, only after I have written the following code into the admin.php file

wire('modules')->get('JqueryUI')->use('modal');

But after that, it work likes a charm 😉 Thanks!

and I still have a few ideas for the PageList:

• open collapsed
  • edit in modal, too 😉 

and one little design bug in the PageList:

• showRootPage => false -> no margin/padding left/right/bottom

@gmclelland I can see this getting a bit out of hand with a CMF like ProcessWire that doesn't set any boundaries on the shape content can take.

The most versatile solution would be to create an at-a-glance panel, but to rely on the programmer to supply the counts that are relevant to their site.

I can see the template and role counts working the way you suggested. Still, not all templates are meaningful units of content, e.g. a `country` template for populating forms is really not that interesting to site editors. The role naming / pluralization would only work in English here (e.g. vendor becomes Vendors), so there'd need to be a way of naming them in other languages.

The documents and images are a bit more complicated, however. ProcessWire doesn't have a central media or file library to get a count from. So you need to run a cronjob to scan the site for images across all pages. You'd also need to figure out which images are meaningful content (photos) and which are e.g. system-created QR codes for event invitations.

How do you count videos? I have a file field called videos, and a repeater field with a video_url field. There's no way of counting that without doing it yourself.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, but I don't think automating it is feasible or the right solution in ProcessWire. I'll be happy to be convinced otherwise 🌝

6 minutes ago, zoeck said:

This does not work directly, only after I have written the following code into the admin.php file

wire('modules')->get('JqueryUI')->use('modal');

Strange. I added that to the module itself and it only worked for me after I added it:

protected function includeModalScripts() {
  $this->modules->get('JqueryUI')->use('modal');
}

/* And then later */

if ($modal) {
  $this->includeModalScripts();
  $button->class .= ' pw-modal pw-modal-large';
}

24 minutes ago, d'Hinnisdaël said:

Strange. I added that to the module itself and it only worked for me after I added it:

protected function includeModalScripts() {
  $this->modules->get('JqueryUI')->use('modal');
}

/* And then later */

if ($modal) {
  $this->includeModalScripts();
  $button->class .= ' pw-modal pw-modal-large';
}

You Added it to "renderButton" in the "DashboardPanel" Class, but the Modal is used in the "renderPageActions" Function in the "DashboardPanelCollection.module" (The renderButton/renderFooterButton isn't used in the Collection)

When you add "$this->includeModalScripts();" to "if (self::windowModeModal === $mode) {" (Line 300) it works 😄 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zoeck said:

When you add "$this->includeModalScripts();" to "if (self::windowModeModal === $mode) {" (Line 300) it works 😄 

You're right of course 👽 I have a custom panel that already includes the modal script, so I never noticed. I pushed a fix that should work.

Thanks for debugging!

• Like 2

@zoeck Slow day in the office — I added the editMode and viewMode options to the PageList panel as well. See the latest release.

$panels->add([
  'panel' => 'page-list',
  'title' => 'Information',
  'data' => [
    'parent' => 'template=basic-page, name=info',
    'editMode' => 'modal',
    'viewMode' => 'blank',
  ],
]);

• Like 1

When I add 'editMode' => 'modal' to the collection panel, this pops up: PHP Notice: Undefined index: host in ...\Dashboard\DashboardPanel.class.php:329 Perhaps you could use isset? 

if (isset($info['host']))

When modal is closed, there is an error in the console: Uncaught ReferenceError: UIkit is not defined Dashboard.js?v=0.5.0-1579071638:2 Can't debug this as js is minified.

I guess "Add dashboard page to user dropdown navigation" isn't supported in AdminThemeDefault?

19 minutes ago, matjazp said:

I guess "Add dashboard page to user dropdown navigation" isn't supported in AdminThemeDefault?

I'm using the standard AdminThemeFramework::getUserNavArray hook. Looks like that's a newer addition and not available on default.

Any particular reason you're still using the default theme? I switched all of my client sites over to UiKit and I don't regret it. The old one looks so... old.

• Like 1

This is amazing. Going to try this one out this week. I’m excited to see google analytics in the road map. Keep up the great work!!!!!!

Some encoding problems, this is how it looks when dashboard is empty:

Learn how to add and configure panels reading the <a href="https://github.com/philippdaun/processwire-dashboard" target="_blank">documentation</a>.

I guess documentation should be a link.

EDIT: I see now it's multilanguage issue, 

Edited by matjazp

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gadgetto
      SnipWire - Snipcart integration for ProcessWire
      Snipcart is a powerful 3rd party, developer-first HTML/JavaScript shopping cart platform. SnipWire is the missing link between Snipcart and the content management framework ProcessWire.
      With SnipWire, you can quickly turn any ProcessWire site into a Snipcart online shop. The SnipWire plugin helps you to get your store up and running in no time. Detailed knowledge of the Snipcart system is not required.
      SnipWire is free and open source licensed under Mozilla Public License 2.0! A lot of work and effort has gone into development. It would be nice if you could donate an amount to support further development:

Status update links (inside this thread) for SnipWire development
      2020-01-21 -- Snipcart v3 - when will the new cart system be implemented? 2020-01-19 -- integrated taxes provider finished (+ very flexible shipping taxes handling) 2020-01-14 -- new date range picker, discount editor, order notifiactions, order statuses, and more ... 2019-11-15 -- orders filter, order details, download + resend invoices, refunds 2019-10-18 -- list filters, REST API improvements, new docs platform, and more ... 2019-08-08 -- dashboard interface, currency selector, managing Orders, Customers and Products, Added a WireTabs, refinded caching behavior 2019-06-15 -- taxes provider, shop templates update, multiCURL implementation, and more ... 2019-06-02 -- FieldtypeSnipWireTaxSelector 2019-05-25 -- SnipWire will be free and open source Plugin Key Features
      Fast and simple store setup Full integration of the Snipcart dashboard into the ProcessWire backend (no need to leave the ProcessWire admin area) Browse and manage orders, customers, discounts, abandoned carts, and more Process refunds and send customer notifications from within the ProcessWire backend Complete Snipcart webhooks integration (all events are hookable via ProcessWire hooks) Integrated taxes provider (which is more flexible then Snipcart own provider) Useful Links
      SnipWire in PW modules directory (alpha version only available via GitHub) SnipWire Docs (please note that the documentation is a work in progress) SnipWire @GitHub (feature requests and suggestions for improvement are welcome - I also accept pull requests) Snipcart Website  
      ---- INITIAL POST FROM 2019-05-25 ----

• By Robin S
      This module is inspired by and similar to the Template Stubs module. The author of that module has not been active in the PW community for several years now and parts of the code for that module didn't make sense to me, so I decided to create my own module. Auto Template Stubs has only been tested with PhpStorm because that is the IDE that I use.
      Auto Template Stubs
      Automatically creates stub files for templates when fields or fieldgroups are saved.
      Stub files are useful if you are using an IDE (e.g. PhpStorm) that provides code assistance - the stub files let the IDE know what fields exist in each template and what data type each field returns. Depending on your IDE's features you get benefits such as code completion for field names as you type, type inference, inspection, documentation, etc.
      Installation
      Install the Auto Template Stubs module.
      Configuration
      You can change the class name prefix setting in the module config if you like. It's good to use a class name prefix because it reduces the chance that the class name will clash with an existing class name.
      The directory path used to store the stub files is configurable.
      There is a checkbox to manually trigger the regeneration of all stub files if needed.
      Usage
      Add a line near the top of each of your template files to tell your IDE what stub class name to associate with the $page variable within the template file. For example, with the default class name prefix you would add the following line at the top of the home.php template file:
      /** @var tpl_home $page */ Now enjoy code completion, etc, in your IDE.

Adding data types for non-core Fieldtype modules
      The module includes the data types returned by all the core Fieldtype modules. If you want to add data types returned by one or more non-core Fieldtype modules then you can hook the AutoTemplateStubs::getReturnTypes() method. For example, in /site/ready.php:
      // Add data types for some non-core Fieldtype modules $wire->addHookAfter('AutoTemplateStubs::getReturnTypes', function(HookEvent $event) { $extra_types = [ 'FieldtypeDecimal' => 'string', 'FieldtypeLeafletMapMarker' => 'LeafletMapMarker', 'FieldtypeRepeaterMatrix' => 'RepeaterMatrixPageArray', 'FieldtypeTable' => 'TableRows', ]; $event->return = $event->return + $extra_types; }); Credits
      Inspired by and much credit to the Template Stubs module by mindplay.dk.

https://github.com/Toutouwai/AutoTemplateStubs
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/auto-template-stubs/
    • By Mike Rockett
      Jumplinks for ProcessWire
      Release: 1.5.60
      Composer: rockett/jumplinks
      ⚠️ NOTICE: 1.5.60 is an important security patch-release for an XSS vulnerability discovered by @phlp. It's HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that all Jumplinks users update to the latest version as soon as possible.
      Jumplinks is an enhanced version of the original ProcessRedirects by Antti Peisa.
      The Process module manages your permanent and temporary redirects (we'll call these "jumplinks" from now on, unless in reference to redirects from another module), useful for when you're migrating over to ProcessWire from another system/platform. Each jumplink supports wildcards, shortening the time needed to create them.
      Unlike similar modules for other platforms, wildcards in Jumplinks are much easier to work with, as Regular Expressions are not fully exposed. Instead, parameters wrapped in curly braces are used - these are described in the documentation.
      Under Development: 2.0, to be powered by FastRoute
      As of version 1.5.0, Jumplinks requires at least ProcessWire 2.6.1 to run.
      View on GitLab
      Download via the Modules Directory
      Read the docs
      Features
      The most prominent features include:
      Basic jumplinks (from one fixed route to another) Parameter-based wildcards with "Smart" equivalents Mapping Collections (for converting ID-based routes to their named-equivalents without the need to create multiple jumplinks) Destination Selectors (for finding and redirecting to pages containing legacy location information) Timed Activation (activate and/or deactivate jumplinks at specific times) 404-Monitor (for creating jumplinks based on 404 hits) Additionally, the following features may come in handy:
      Stale jumplink management Legacy domain support for slow migrations An importer (from CSV or ProcessRedirects) Feedback & Feature Requests
      I’d love to know what you think of this module. Please provide some feedback on the module as a whole, or even regarding smaller things that make it whole. Also, please feel free to submit feature requests and their use-cases.
      Note: Features requested so far have been added to the to-do list, and will be added to 2.0, and not the current dev/master branches.
      Open Source

Jumplinks is an open-source project, and is free to use. In fact, Jumplinks will always be open-source, and will always remain free to use. Forever. If you would like to support the development of Jumplinks, please consider making a small donation via PayPal.
      Enjoy! 🙂
    • By Robin S
      Add Image URLs
      Allows images/files to be added to Image/File fields by pasting URLs.

Usage
      Install the Add Image URLs module.
      A "Paste URLs" button will be added to all image and file fields. Use the button to show a textarea where URLs may be pasted, one per line. Images/files are added when the page is saved.

https://github.com/Toutouwai/AddImageUrls
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/add-image-urls/
    • By gebeer
      Hello all,
      sharing my new module FieldtypeImageReference. It provides a configurable input field for choosing any type of image from selectable sources. Sources can be: 
      a predefined folder in site/templates/ and/or a  page (and optionally its children) and/or the page being edited and/or any page on the site CAUTION: this module is under development and not quite yet in a production-ready state. So please test it carefully.
      UPDATE: the new version v2.0.0 introduces a breaking change due to renaming the module. If you have an older version already installed, you need to uninstall it and install the latest master version.
      Module and full description can be found on github https://github.com/gebeer/FieldtypeImageReference
      Install from URL: https://github.com/gebeer/FieldtypeImageReference/archive/master.zip
      Read on for features and use cases.
      Features
      Images can be loaded from a folder inside site/templates/ or site/assets Images in that folder can be uploaded and deleted from within the inputfield Images can be loaded from other pages defined in the field settings Images can be organized into categories. Child pages of the main 'image source page' serve as categories mages can be loaded from any page on the site From the API side, images can be manipulated like native ProcessWire images (resizing, cropping etc.), even the images from a folder Image thumbnails are loaded into inputfield by ajax on demand Source images on other pages can be edited from within this field. Markup of SVG images can be rendered inline with `echo $image->svgcontent` Image names are fully searchable through the API $pages->find('fieldname.filename=xyz.png'); $pages->find('fieldname.filename%=xy.png'); Accidental image deletion is prevented. When you want to delete an image from one of the pages that hold your site-wide images, the module searches all pages that use that image. If any page contains a reference to the image you are trying to delete, deletion will be prevented. You will get an error message with links to help you edit those pages and remove references there before you can finally delete the image. This field type can be used with marcrura's Settings Factory module to store images on settings pages, which was not possible with other image field types When to use ?
      If you want to let editors choose an image from a set of images that is being used site-wide. Ideal for images that are being re-used across the site (e.g. icons, but not limited to that).
      Other than the native ProcessWire images field, the images here are not stored per page. Only references to images that live on other pages or inside a folder are stored. This has several advantages:
      one central place to organize images when images change, you only have to update them in one place. All references will be updated, too. (Provided the name of the image that has changed stays the same) Installation and setup instructions can be found on github.
      Here's how the input field looks like in the page editor:

If you like to give it a try, I'm happy to hear your comments or suggestions for improvement. Install from URL: https://github.com/gebeer/FieldtypeImageReference/archive/master.zip
      Eventually this will go in the module directory, too. But it needs some more testing before I submit it. So I'd really appreciate your assistance.
      Thanks to all who contributed their feedback and suggestions which made this module what it is now.