Force modules upgrade

matjazp

When PW is upgraded you get notifications that modules/fields will be upgraded to the newer version the next time each module is loaded. For example, when I go to edit my profile, I get a notice: Modules: Upgrading module (ProcessProfile: 1.0.3 => 1.0.4). Is there a way to upgrade all the modules?

@dragan thanks for the info about great module from Adrian, but I'm not sure if this is what I need? I will not import/export, nor will I update modules - where update means fetching the new version from the github or somewhere else. If I want to prevent the info message "Modules: Upgrading module (modulename: oldver => newver)" for editors, I have to click around in the admin interface until all updated modules/fieldtypes etc. get updated to new version.

@matjazp - do those messages actually show for non-superusers? I wouldn't be surprised if they did but I don't think they should - to me this is maybe a bug?

That said, what about something like this in Tracy's Console panel?

foreach($modules as $m) {
    if($modules->isInstalled($m)) {
        $modules->get($m);
    }
}

Untested, but I think it might work.

4 hours ago, adrian said:

do those messages actually show for non-superusers? I wouldn't be surprised if they did but I don't think they should - to me this is maybe a bug?

Now you got me thinking... As I'm logged as admin and I also set debug to true it's logical to see those messages. Looking at the source in Modules.php, the message about upgrading the module (version change) is shown for all users. As I'm not using Tracy on production site (currently on PW 3.0.104), I put those lines you suggested in admin.php and that showed two lines:

AdminThemeDefault: Installed field "admin_theme" and added to user profile settings.
AdminThemeDefault: To use this theme, select it from your user profile.

Never saw those messages before, but after the refresh, there are gone. But then again, this popped up:

Modules: Upgrading module (ProcessPageTrash: 1.0.2 => 1.0.3)

when I went to empty the trash. So, it looks like just getting the module is not enough, since $modules->refresh() still state that:

Modules: Detected 1 module version change (will be applied the next time each module is loaded): 

• 1 year later...