$(function() {
  $( ".ace-editor-position-wrapper .ace_scroller" ).resizable({
    alsoResize: ".ace-editor-design-wrapper",
    minWidth: 1145,
    maxWidth: 1145
  });
});

at the very end of InputfieldAceEditor.js

Is there a way adding buttons to the editor especially the pwimage button like in tinymce?

I know, ace doesn´t handle inline images in editor but how about just inserting the html/mardown/textile for the selected image?

cheers Can

PS: it´s working in 2.4 as well :-)

• Like 1

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the module.

It's not working for me though, there is no highlighting for markdown =(

Also no line numbers are showing, if this is intended, the gap should not be there then.

Kfbuyup.png

It would also be great to have a little more customisability, like font, color, font size and so on. Or at lest have the option to have custom style sheet?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Hey all, long time no hear!

The Ace Editor it's kind of abandonware at the moment, since I've been working with different platforms lately (like mostly ruby and print :), but I'm planning to look into the module, it's support of pw 2.4 etc, and I've got some more ideas. Will see.

Thanks,

Adam

• 1 month later...

I like this module, but the tag auto-closing (or autocompletion, for search's sake) feature is driving me nuts.  How can I disable it ?

Ok, apparently this is called auto-pairing, and I finally disabled it by adding "this.ace.setBehavioursEnabled(false);" in site/modules/adamkiss-InputfieldAceEditor-16d5afe/InputfieldAceEditor.js at line 57 (i.e. just before "this.ace.getSession().setUseWrapMode(true);", but I guess any line around is fine).

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

It would also be great to have a little more customisability, like font, color, font size and so on. Or at lest have the option to have custom style sheet?

i was able to hack this module a bit to get the theme to change, but i had to copy the theme's css into the main css file;

i agree that it would be cool to have an alternate version of ACE for PW that allowed one to choose the theme, like the hanna code module!!

Would be willing to financially support any development of a code editor inputfield, with configurable settings..

i was able to hack this module a bit to get the theme to change, but i had to copy the theme's css into the main css file;

i agree that it would be cool to have an alternate version of ACE for PW that allowed one to choose the theme, like the hanna code module!!

Would be willing to financially support any development of a code editor inputfield, with configurable settings..

If we compare it to editors, Ace Editor was never meant to be the Sublime Text of Inputfields, more like iA Writer/Byword of Inputfields. If I ever clean up the code (its current state is total mayhem, because I've been working on it a bit every two months… and everyone knows how well that usually turns out).

Maybe, if I ever clean it up and prepare it for latest PW (although it sort of works), I could make it to the point where it accepts custom CSS or something, but it's not really on my radar. I'd much rather finish other dreamt-up things, like fullscreen, etc. Sorry.