Input Field for position (like: north, north-east, east, south-east… or top, top-right, right, bottom-right…)

2hoch11

I am wondering what input field is the best to select the position of a text-layer on an image?

The easiest would be a select options field as dropdown with the options:
north, north-east, east, south-east, south, south-west, west, north-west, center
Or a less compass like version:
top, top-right, right, bottom-right, bottom, bottom-left, left, top-left, center.

Use the focus point of the image, so you can position the layer anywhere, but you lose the ability to really focus on something if the uploaded image has a different ratio than the rendered image in the frontend.

Use RuntimeMarkup (https://modules.processwire.com/modules/fieldtype-runtime-markup/) to display (and eventually even manipulate) the select element from #1. (I did not try this one)

#X

Ist there a more elegant way that offers more visual feedback, like 9 squares (3 columns, 3 rows) with radio buttons or something like that?

On 12/10/2019 at 12:16 PM, kongondo said:

Not sure this would work in your case but have you considered Image Marker?

Thank you kongondo. Now I remember I tested Image Marker last year. It could be a solution but as far as i remember the points are referencing to a (sub) page, so you need an extra page for a single headline or text that is on the image…