$('a').click(function(link) {
link.preventDefault();
location = this.href;
$('body').fadeOut('slow', open);
});
function more() {
window.location = location;
}

It's writen in Jquery but i will convert it to vanilla js. Can somone help me with it?

Checkout You Might Not Need jQuery for this, it will tell you some replacements for the most common jQuery operations!

Here's a rough draft:

function more(url) {
	window.location = url;
}

document.querySelectorAll('a').forEach(
  link => link.addEventListener('click', e => {
    e.preventDefault();
    const href = e.currentTarget.href;
    document.body.classList.add('fade-out');
    setTimeout(() => more(href), 500);
  });
);

Note that the callback to fadeOut in your code is "open" while the reload function is called "more", is that a mistake? Anyway, I corrected it. Note you have to add a CSS transition for the "fade-out" class yourself, check the link above for an easy example. Also make sure that the timeout (500ms in my example) matches the duration of the CSS transition. Cheers!

Sidenote, if all you're doing is delaying the page reload by a couple hundred miliseconds to have the body fadeout, you might as well get rid of that, it only gets in the way of the user without any real benefit. But I don't know anything about your use-case, so I might be way off here!

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Liam88
      Hi,
      I'm really struggling with this as it's something not in my wheelhouse. I'm creating a blog style page (a grid of cards) which has attributes.
      I have a snip of javascript which grabs values from checkboxes which are put into a value like the below:
      ?content=static_video&channel=facebook-ads_instagram-ads
      document.querySelector("form").onsubmit=ev=>{ ev.preventDefault(); let o={}; ev.target.querySelectorAll("[name]:checked").forEach(el=>{ (o[el.name]=o[el.name]||[]).push(el.value)}) console.log(location.pathname+"?"+ Object.entries(o).map(([v,f])=> v+"="+f.join("_")).join("&") ); document.location.href = location.pathname+"?"+ Object.entries(o).map(([v,f])=> v+"="+f.join("_")).join("&"); } As I'm currently refeshing the page on button click with those values the end result includes the location but can easily remove this.
      I then use this value in "input->get" to get the values which I then append to a find() rule. See code below:
      $selector = "template='adbank_pages',sort=published,include=all,status!=hidden"; // Get the channel and content inputs $channel = $input->get->channel; $content = $input->get->content; if($channel){ // Grab the channel string, explode into an array for checkbox checking and then replace _ with | to create or rules in the selector. $chanArray = explode("_", $channel); $chan = $channel = str_replace('_', '|', $channel); $selector = $selector .= ",ab_channels=$chan"; } if($content){ // Grab the content string, explode into an array for checkbox checking and then replace _ with | to create or rules in the selector. $contArray = explode("_", $content); $cont = $content = str_replace('_', '|', $content); $selector = $selector .= ",ab_content=$cont"; } if($input->get){ // If a valid input result $all = $pages->find($selector); } }else{ // If no input show them all $all = $page->children("template='adbank_pages',sort=-published,include=all,status!=hidden"); } $items = $all->find("limit=12"); // Limit the output and use pagination As mentioned above I currently refresh the page to adjust the $selector filter within the $all with a fallback $all if there are no results.
      I know I need to use AJAX to filter the content without refresh but I am really struggling with the set up. I have read multiple posts including the original by Ryan but still confused.
      If anyone can direct/help on this it would be appreciated.
      Thank you
    • By fruid
      could someone help me find the javascript bug?
      https://codepen.io/bbblgmsp/pen/LYxWJJa
      or here:
      https://foobar.roofaccess.org/carousell/
      I want it to be NOT draggable on desktop but draggable on mobile devices. Also, on mobile, the element that I drag into focus should automatically be active, but on desktop, only when I click it.
      It works fine on desktop, but when you drag on mobile, after the dragged element is active and you click it, it switches back and forth between this and the previous element (assigns the active class to the previous element).
      I already tried to find help elsewhere, since this is not directly PW related but only frontend, but it's hard to find support or a community for uikit. PW seems to be using it quite a lot though…
      Thanks for help
    • By Rezvitskyq
      Hello! There was a need to rewrite the code written with jquery into vanilla js. I have little js code on my site and I see no reason to include a library such as jquery 🙂
      $('.progress-wrap .dot').on('click', function () { let $this = $(this) let stepValue = $this.attr('data-step') $this.closest('.progress-wrap').find('.bar').css('width', stepValue + '%') $this.siblings('.dot').removeClass('is-current') $this.addClass('is-active is-current') $this.prevAll('.dot').addClass('is-active') $this.nextAll('.dot').removeClass('is-active') $('.process-panel-wrap').removeClass('is-active') $('.step-title').removeClass('is-active') if (stepValue === '0') { $('#signup-panel-1, #step-title-1').addClass('is-active') } else if (stepValue === '25') { $('#signup-panel-2, #step-title-2').addClass('is-active') } else if (stepValue === '50') { $('#signup-panel-3, #step-title-3').addClass('is-active') } else if (stepValue === '75') { $('#signup-panel-4, #step-title-4').addClass('is-active') } else if (stepValue === '100') { $('#signup-panel-5, #step-title-5').addClass('is-active') } })  
    • By franciccio-ITALIANO
      Hello to all. I would like to create an app. So I need to learn at least one programming language. I got informed online, and discovered that javascript with node.js, is the revolution of recent years, because it's faster than php. I wonder: if I develop an app with javascript and with a javascript framework (e.g. Meteor), is there a way to integrate processwire work? I know that processwire supports the transformation of the site into an application, but would it be as simple as Meteor? With the Meteor framework I have my app online in 10 minutes, and without even knowing javascript! (Knowing javascript would serve to personalize it). I should then install the app in a SUB-DOMAIN. If I study php, instead, and if I use a php framework (e.g. Laravel), how long does it take to have my first working app? Is it easy to process Laravel's components? Is writing forms for processwire apps with php a very complex job? Is it better to use Meteor and start with javascript? What would you recommend?
    • By ngrmm
      My clients wants a modal to show up on every page. But when a user clicks inside the modal -> a session-cookie is set and the modal gets a class.
      // user clicks on modal button $('.modal_button').click(function(){ // 1. set PW session cookie // 2. toggle class $('.modal').toggleClass('off'); }); I know how to set a cookie on page-load via PW-API. But the click on the modal button does not force a page-load. So i have to set the cookie through javascript. Is there a way to do that?