$('a').click(function(link) {
link.preventDefault();
location = this.href;
$('body').fadeOut('slow', open);
});
function more() {
window.location = location;
}

It's writen in Jquery but i will convert it to vanilla js. Can somone help me with it?

Checkout You Might Not Need jQuery for this, it will tell you some replacements for the most common jQuery operations!

Here's a rough draft:

function more(url) {
	window.location = url;
}

document.querySelectorAll('a').forEach(
  link => link.addEventListener('click', e => {
    e.preventDefault();
    const href = e.currentTarget.href;
    document.body.classList.add('fade-out');
    setTimeout(() => more(href), 500);
  });
);

Note that the callback to fadeOut in your code is "open" while the reload function is called "more", is that a mistake? Anyway, I corrected it. Note you have to add a CSS transition for the "fade-out" class yourself, check the link above for an easy example. Also make sure that the timeout (500ms in my example) matches the duration of the CSS transition. Cheers!

Sidenote, if all you're doing is delaying the page reload by a couple hundred miliseconds to have the body fadeout, you might as well get rid of that, it only gets in the way of the user without any real benefit. But I don't know anything about your use-case, so I might be way off here!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, elabx said:

The link I've been needing all my life thanks!

Same here! There a some really nice examples, explanations and already "ready to use" snippets.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By CareerTeam GmbH
      Hi there,
      We are an executive search agency based in Germany looking for a freelancer (2-5 days per week) supporting us with the development and design of our websites. The position will be located in Hamburg, Germany and it would be great if you are on short call. German language knowledge is mandatory. 
      You can reach me via email jobs@careerteam.de.
      Thank you!
      Regards
      Annemie
    • By louisstephens
      So I have been hard at work creating url segments for a template (api) and everything is working swimmingly in creating a simple end point for svelte.js. I have however, run into a few questions that I can wrap my head around.
      In my api template I have:
      if($input->urlSegment1 === 'clients') { header('Content-Type: application/json'); $clients = $pages->find("template=clients"); $client_array = array(); foreach ($clients as $client) { $id = $client->id; $title = $client->title; $url = $client->url; $clientName = $client->client_name; $clientColor = $client->client_color->value; $assigned = $client->assigned_to->user_full_name; $client_array[] = array( 'id' => $id, 'code' => $title, 'name' => $clientName, 'associated_users' => $assigned, 'url' => $url ); } $client_json = json_encode($client_array, true); echo $client_json; } The output json from this is:
      [ { "id":1644, "code":"abc", "name":"Test Name", "associated_users":null, "url":"\/pw\/clients\/abc\/" }, { "id": 1645, "code": "xyz", "name": "Test Name", "associated_users": null, "url": "\/pw\/clients\/xyz\/" }, ] I was curious is it possible to add in "clients" before this output json so it would appear as 
      clients: [ { "id":1644, "code":"abc", "name":"Test Name", "associated_users":null, "url":"\/pw\/clients\/abc\/" }, { "id": 1645, "code": "xyz", "name": "Test Name", "associated_users": null, "url": "\/pw\/clients\/xyz\/" }, ] I was not really sure of how to tackle this in my php code, and have spent more time than I care to admit trying to figure it out. Another question I have is that "associated_users" is returning null, which in this instance is correct. It is a multi page field that is set to pull a custom name field from the users template, ie "Louis Stephens" would be associated with the first page. I understand that I need to use a foreach to get the correct data, but I was really unsure of how to place this inside an array, or update the array with the new data. Any help with any of this would greatly be appreciated.
    • By Orkun
      Hi Guys
      I needed to add extended functionalities for the InputfieldDatetime Module (module is from processwire version 2.7.3) because of a Request of Customer.
      So I duplicated the module and placed it under /site/modules/.
      I have added 3 new Settings to the InputfieldDatetime Module.
      1. Day Restriction - Restrict different days based on weekdays selection (e.g. saturday, sunday) - WORKING

2. Time Slots - Define Time slots based on custom Integer Value (max is 60 for 1 hour) - WORKING

3. Time Range Rules per Weekday - Define a minTime and MaxTime per Weekday (e.g. Opening Hours of a Restaurant) - NOT WORKING PROPERLY

The Problem
      Time Slots and Day Restriction working fine so far. But the Time Range Rules per Weekday doesn't work right.
      What should happen is, that when you click on a date, it should update the minTime and maxTime of the Time Select.
      But the change on the select only happens if you select a date 2 times or when you select a date 1 time and then close the datepicker and reopen it again.
      The time select doesn't get change when you select a date 1 time and don't close the picker.
      Here is the whole extended InputfieldDatetime Module.
      The Files that I have changed:
      InputfieldDatetime.module InputfieldDatetime.js jquery-ui-timepicker-addon.js (https://trentrichardson.com/examples/timepicker/) - updated it to the newest version, because minTime and maxTime Option was only available in the new version  
      Thats the Part of the JS that is not working correctly:
      if(datetimerules && datetimerules.length){ options.onSelect = function(date, inst) { var day = $(this).datetimepicker("getDate").getDay(); day = day.toString(); var mintime = $(this).attr('data-weekday'+day+'-mintime'); var maxtime = $(this).attr('data-weekday'+day+'-maxtime'); console.log("weekday: "+day); console.log("minTime: "+mintime); console.log("maxTime: "+maxtime); var optionsAll = $(this).datetimepicker( "option", "all" ); optionsAll.minTime = mintime; optionsAll.maxTime = maxtime; $(this).datetimepicker('destroy'); $(this).datetimepicker(optionsAll); $(this).datetimepicker('refresh'); //$.datepicker._selectDate($(this).attr("id"),date); //$.datepicker._base_getDateDatepicker(); // var inst = $.datepicker._getInst($(this)); // $.datepicker._updateDatepicker(inst); /*$(this).datetimepicker('destroy'); InputfieldDatetimeDatepicker($(this), mintime, maxtime); $(this).datetimepicker('refresh'); */ // $(this).datetimepicker('option', {minTime: mintime, maxTime: maxtime}); } } Can you have a look and find out what the Problem is?
      InputfieldDatetime.zip

Kind Regards
      Orkun
    • By dragan
      What the f*ck JavaScript? A list of funny and tricky JavaScript examples
      Some really odd stuff there... worth scanning through. I chuckled more than once...
      "b" + "a" + +"a" + "a"; // -> 'baNaNa' NaN === NaN; // -> false (![] + [])[+[]] + (![] + [])[+!+[]] + ([![]] + [][[]])[+!+[] + [+[]]] + (![] + [])[!+[] + !+[]]; // -> 'fail' typeof NaN; // -> 'number' (It ain't new, so sorry if this has been posted previously here)