Issues with rendering product catalog

brdje

Greetings,

I've created a product database which all use the template product.php and are published on the website.

I'm trying to create an overview table with pagination of all the products, but using $pages->get does not return an object, only the object title.

$products = $pages->get("template=product, limit=10");

This returns 10 strings in the frontend but not the object. When looping over the result set to get product fields, i get the following error:

Notice: Trying to get property 'title' of non-object

Because the product database is fairly large, i've added a pagination using the same query and this does return all the pages, but i can't click on the links that the paginator renders.

$results = $pages->find("template=product, limit=10");
					if($results->getTotal() > 10) {
						echo $results->renderPager(array(
							"nextItemLabel" => "Volgende",
							"previousItemLabel" => "Vorige",
							"currentItemClass" => 'active'
						));
					}

image.png.d8426092052466203c55c33d48f89e67.png

I've added the option in the template to allow page numbers. When i navigate to the link manually, i still end up seeing the 10 first products.

I've tried changing several settings around, but i'm a bit stuck on how to resolve these issues. Do you have any advice what I need to adjust?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

See the docs to understand the difference between $pages->get() and $pages->find():
https://processwire.com/api/ref/pages/get/
https://processwire.com/api/ref/pages/find/

You want $pages->find(). And you only want to execute it once and use $results for both the results list and the pagination.

$results = $pages->find("template=product, limit=10");

// Results list
foreach($results as $result) {
	// Output each individual result
	// ...
}

// Pagination
echo $results->renderPager(array(
	'nextItemLabel' => 'Volgende',
	'previousItemLabel' => 'Vorige',
	'currentItemClass' => 'active'
));

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the clarification. I did interpret that incorrectly and using find i get all the requested information correctly.

The pagination links still aren't working at the moment, where the issue remains the same. 

Links are present and rendered, but nothing happens when clicking them. Navigating to the url itself, will always render the first page of results wether being on page 1 or 1831 (current last page)

1 hour ago, brdje said:

Links are present and rendered, but nothing happens when clicking them. Navigating to the url itself, will always render the first page of results wether being on page 1 or 1831 (current last page)

Enable pagination/page numbers in your template (the overview template) settings.

2019-11-28_13-43.png.5af108d74184d6ad6c3b1bbf7c77ce78.png

2 hours ago, wbmnfktr said:

Enable pagination/page numbers in your template (the overview template) settings.

2019-11-28_13-43.png.5af108d74184d6ad6c3b1bbf7c77ce78.png

"Allow Page Numbers" was enabled in the template allready upon creating the template. But the pagination just doesn't work it seems.

image.png.db7b3ce3bd37f9e57e9062dfce328267.png